Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

level 7, in 7 days 11 hours. had a bit of a tough week, a very stressful/distressing appointment in the beginning, and then an injury to my ankle (nothing major, but painful). worked out okay for studying though, plenty of time at home.

i love this thread, and seeing everybody climb up the skytree level by level! i’m particularly excited for all you peeps near the top!

10 Likes

Why does 1-21 feel SO different from 39-60…

4 Likes

Because the later levels are fast levels, and you generally have more leeches built up on top of that. Plus, you get so many kanji with the same components kanji that things blur together.

You’ll understand when you get there haha.

5 Likes

Oh I meant like the thought it. 1-21 is 21 levels but I was like, Yeah I’ll do it in 7 day levels each! 39-60 is like ugh… I’ll go as slow as possible thanks…

5 Likes

That is reality charming you Amagi san :wink:

1 Like

@Stay_coolXD

How is Jigoku treating you?

I am getting whooped :joy: Certainly not a pleasant feeling.

This is me every day.

tenor

5 Likes

well, if I continue my current speed I won’t quite make it (need another two months!) but let’s give it shot!

17 Likes

I tackled about 250 reviews today! I used to breeze through them but seeing as I took a 6 month break (my second 6-month break :grimacing:) it takes me about an hour to do 60 reviews because I’m re-learning. For now I’m combining everyone’s advice and am just gonna do at least an hour of reviews each night. I got this :facepunch:t4:

Hope everyone is reaching their goals too!

13 Likes

It is tough. Where did you find my picture from XD.
Suprisingly starting reading helped me identify some kanjis before i see them here. Vocabulary are merciless though :kissing:

5 Likes

Wow! How do you have enough revies to go every day?

2 Likes

+@Stay_coolXD

You’re both in the hot zone - my advice is keep it consistent and keep pushing forward no matter what. When you reach 41 you’ll be in paradise my friends.

If you have trouble with remembering any kanjis or vocab let me know and I’ll tell you what specifically worked for me - might help?

Welcome to the community! @Joeni you know what to do, brother!

We love you, too :smiley:

I feel like something special should be happening right about now… any minute now… any second now… hmmm…

9 Likes

I hit level 60! Here is my thread about it!

21 Likes

Sir, yes sir!

\textcolor{pink}{\huge \textsf{WELCOME! ^-^}}
@nomyriad
Even if you’ve been a member for a while, so aren’t really new hehe
welcome gif - crabigator

Take the time to check out the FAQ and GUIDE if you haven’t already…
…but you probably have, because you seem like you’re diligent and awesome like that ^-^

There’s also a lot of good stuff on the forum to help you…
…that you’ve likewise probably already seen, but it still worth mentiioning!

The Ultimate Guide for WK
The Ultimate Additional Japanese Resource List
The New and Improved List of API and Third-Party Apps

I hope that you continue to enjoy WaniKani that your worship of the Crabigator is eternal!

7 Likes

You now have to welcome me to level 60 and link me to guides! I’m lost! :smiley:

6 Likes

I’ve taken too long of a break from levelling, can’t believe that you’re 60 already, less than a year, way to go buddy!

I’m just starting to get back into it, just did 200 reviews out of my stack and have 1500 left. Need to bet back on schedule if I’m got into climb the sky tree! Currently sitting at 88 days on level, oh the shame, what a poor example I am!

13 Likes

So… you brought beers right? We need to 乾杯!

What’s been going on, bro?

4 Likes

Sorry! Cider is the only alcohol I drink (well that I would pay for at least).

4 Likes

Combination of stuff, got distracted by the new WoW expansion, then just generally lost my flow.

Been keeping daily attendance on the forums though, still trying to get Devoted, at least, haha

5 Likes

I’m fine with that! You… brought some to the top of the Skytree right?

It all becomes clear haha

5 Likes

Haha, indeed and now I’ve had two weeks suffering through intense dental pain and am on the fourth day following having a molar extracted, lots of ‘hard to concentrate on anything’ pain over those two weeks.

So we’ll call WoW 60 of those days, dental pain 14, and 14 of pure slacking.

5 Likes