Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

:cherry_blossom: Level 37 get! :cherry_blossom:

This week brought quite notable improvement in my studies. Like I said on my last promotion post, last Sat I got a new phone.
Immediately after turning it on, I was straight asked by The Life itself: till the what extent I want to dedicate myself to the way of learning Japanese?
And my answer was: “Give me everything you have.”
Without any further hesitation, Life replied back: 始めよう!

so by now I can enjoy whole the bunch of legal notes and licence agreements in a wild. Initially I was afraid I’ll get overwhelmed by legal terms, but surprisingly my lv36 kanji knowledge was pretty enough to figure out meaning of even not so much known words for me. Wonder how much my Japanese comprehension would improve after hitting lv60?

Mostly I want to note the 任意 word that was so much a bone in my throat before (since it’s kanji composition making barely any sense), and finally I witnessed it in a wild and know precisely it’s meaning. It’s always mark those options regarding sending or not your data to go**le/sams*ng, so now it’s meaning bright clear for me.

With that said, by now I can report I’ve completed my digital environment’s language transition to Japanese. My Kubuntu OS on laptop, my cellphone, Google/yt accounts, Anki and as much other apps as they support it - all of them contributing now to my studies!

17 Likes

Very good. I switched my phone language to japanese and i am still fine.
because i haven’t touched the settings since then.
P.s: also known as 設定

7 Likes

Level 42!

Maybe I should just stop here?

16 Likes

Congrats!! :partying_face:

Soak in that view, have a bite to eat, visit the shop, but remember… there’s no going back after this. Observation deck two doesn’t have these luxuries, this is the last chance!

‘For language learning purposes’ might be the only context where this makes sense!

I wanted to but the forum bug was not buggy enough :cry:

8 Likes

Oh I’ve actually had this happen before, I forgot that was a thing! Thank you for the heads up!

4 Likes

hmm also a good point, i am getting quite a few wrong right now so I’ll keep that in mind

4 Likes

@MegaZeroX level up when?

4 Likes

On February 15th at 9am EST (2PM GMT, which I think is your time).

10 Likes

I am GMT/UTC - which makes that… 2pm tomorrow! I didn’t read your post properly haha

^^ this is me rn (waiting for you to level up!)

7 Likes

No. You are not doomed Mikki san :slight_smile:

Take 3 deep breaths. Inhale and exhale until there is no air left in your chest.

Handle it one review at a time.

Ganbare :+1:

Exactly. Nothing else matters :slight_smile:

Could not have put it better than that EKG san :slight_smile:

Congrats on all your level ups :grin:

one step at a time :one:

tenor290

tenor289

tenor288

tenor287

12 Likes

Woohoo. I made it into the next section of the climb. Out of the 1-9 section starting from level 1 and feeling good! Halfway through to the point at which I’ll stop going full speed (to slow down with enough time to not totally overwhelm myself with reviews when I give birth in the summer).

@Marifly, adjusting your goals is not the same as giving them up. You’re doing great. Just keep climbing.

14 Likes

What’s the new high score things at the top? Also, in about a month in a half I’ll probably reach level 11; do I keep my username in the same bracket since I started at level 2?

5 Likes

The new table at the top is for those who have reached lvl 60.

Ideally you should be editing the regular table each time you level up, so yes, in this case you should move yourself into the next section.

You may also want to log out and back in so that your level is reflected in your badge level.

Congrats on the moves up! :tada:

8 Likes

Hit level 39 tonight, after 16 days and 2 hours.
Now I’ve got exactly 14 days to reach level 40 D:

EDIT: 3 days ago I’ve reached my 500 days streak :raised_hands:

23 Likes

Beautifully consistant - well done!

9 Likes

your consistency is beautiful - can you tell us how many lessons you do a day on average?

5 Likes

I just arrived at lv 56! :partying_face: No radical on this level either. :eyes: I’m just starting in on the lessons! ^>^ Gotta keep on climbing! Good luck everyone! <3

15 Likes

I do batches of 4, so I vary between 8 and 12 per day (or 4 from time to time), depending how I feel and how many apprentice I’ve got. According to the heat map I average on 12.
In the beginning I did 20, but the workload grew too big for me and most time I forgot half of the new items, so it snowballed into a disaster, but I’ve managed to overcome it :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Level 6! Yes!

12 Likes

that has you completing WK in a little over 2 years right? I really love that idea! I used to do 20 as well and I kept burning out. following your lead, best of luck towards 40! :relaxed:

5 Likes