Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

It feels surreal, but I’m on the final stretch now! :partying_face: Only 10 levels to go!

clinbinb

Keep on climbing everyone! ^>^

14 Likes

Woot woot! Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Thanks! Whoever you are! :joy:

3 Likes

tenor(7)
tenor(5)
tenor(6)
ezgif.com-gif-maker(1)

4 Likes

I munch roses.

Just putting it out there… I… I can munch. I can… party… I party and stuff you guys. You… guys? Guys? You guys? Anyone… I’m so lonely

9 Likes

@TheRoseMunch is still available if you want :wink: All munches are welcome to the Munch Bunch!!!

1 Like

Join the Munch Wagon as TheRoseMunch :wink:

2 Likes

Will there be cupcakes and balloons at my inauguration?

1 Like

Absolutely!!!

2 Likes

tenor90

3 Likes

You guys :heart_eyes_cat:

@KyokaJiro lmao!

What started this crew anyway? Why is everyone jumping on the Munch Train?

2 Likes

The easiest way to describe it : There was the Munch Bunch under @TheBeefMunch and then thing spiraled out of control. :stuck_out_tongue: Check out the POLL thread for a peek into the abyss :wink:

4 Likes

I knew the POLL thread had something to do with this…

7 Likes

There will be a new topic and detailed post on the initiative today or tomorrow. I will let you know once it is completed :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Between taking care of a new puppy and finals, I haven’t had much time to focus on learning new stuff… but I got through all my kanji today! Hopefully they stick. One question though for the veterans or intense studiers of this site…

Does anyone know the etymology behind 斤, specifically the “bread loaf counter” definition? I find it extremely odd and funny that Japanese has a counter for how many bread loafs there are.

ᵉˢᵖᵉᶜᶦᵃˡˡʸ ᶜᵒⁿˢᶦᵈᵉʳᶦⁿᵍ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᴵ’ᵐ ᵃ ᵈᶦʳᵗʸ ᴶᴶᴮᴬ ᶠᵃⁿ

4 Likes

I don’t know the exact link, but 斤 is also used in traditional Japanese measurements, representing 1 きん, about 600g (Wiki page, mass is sect. 5) This is a bit heavy compared to modern loaves, but traditionally bread was denser than it is today. This is my guess.

5 Likes

I mean… we call it a loaf… 7 loaves. This is actually one of those things we DO have a dedicated counter for.

7 Likes

@RoseEater The thread is ready for you join :slight_smile:

https://community.wanikani.com/t/the-munch-bunch-just-dry-january/48559

The Munch Bunch awaits your arrival.

5 Likes

Cultception!

3 Likes

@Fortissimou2 I upped you to level 51 below me, since I see you didn’t level yourself. I assume below me is correct, since I level up in 16 hours.

3 Likes