Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

thank you for the clarification, @Rowena san! hopefully it has been able to be fixed :blush:

4 Likes

hopefully it has been able to be fixed

Not really, because other edits were made between the accidental big one and someone realising, so everyone’s just doing what you did and correcting their own status; considering that most folks are already regularly doing that, it should get sorted quickly🙂

4 Likes

I hit level 12 yesterday - coincidentally, today marks 4 months since I started WK, so if I continue at my overall average rate I should be level 60 in 16 months - just in time for the deadline! (Of course, that does include the super-short first two levels, so I’ll have to pick up the pace a little to keep on track with that - shouldn’t be too hard; it’s getting easier to remember new kanji!)

10 Likes

Congrats Nodo san :slight_smile:

There are a lot of short levels in the latter half of 40’s and early parts of 50’s.

Good luck!!

tenor35

4 Likes

Congrats Sansarret san :raised_hands: I know you will reach 30 by New Year :smiley:

ezgif.com-gif-maker

Note: Nice Christmas avatar :grin:

4 Likes

Congrats on your level up Rose san :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

tenor(3)

Hope things have simmered down on your personal front.

Ganbatte kudasai :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hello there,
my last race thread just finished, so I’d like join you on the first observation deck.
I’m wanikani’ing since October 2019 and want to be finished by the end of 2021, but I can see myself taking longer, so I’ll settle for spring 2022.

頑張ろう。

10 Likes

It’s been a lot better recently, thank you, KyokaJiro-san. In fact, if all goes well, I shall be free to cruise until Christmas, which means doing lots of reading and kanji reviews. I can’t wait!

That gif reminds me of this old video in the pre-Google days of Youtube, where this guy is confessing his love for his ex-girlfriend while doing as many macho activities on his farm that he can. It’s the funniest video ever, and I haven’t been able to find it for years, fearing it lost to us forever!

@Korastra - I summon thee! You are the YouTube master, do you know the video I’m talking about?

3 Likes

Level 15 :tada: Halfway to my goal of level 30 by July 2021!

10 Likes

Level 7! :musical_note:

I did all 70-some lessons, so now I have a heap of reviews coming in at 3:00 AM tomorrow. :sweat_smile: Now I’m debating whether to stay up and do them (since tomorrow is my day off of work), or whether to try to catch up on some much-needed sleep…

9 Likes

tenor40

Also, Congrats on your level up Saga san :grin:

3 Likes

That’s a fantastic goal Tommy san :smiley:

Omedetou on your level up :sunglasses:

tenor41

3 Likes

Welcome to the climb febLey san :blush: We are happy to have you with us :star_struck:

tenor42

3 Likes

Thank you, KyokaJiro san!

おやすみ!:sleeping:

3 Likes

First post!

Hope to make it to Level 60 by then, my motivation is simple - if after 10 years I don’t make progress fast, my wife will end me! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

2 Likes

Good motivation :slightly_smiling_face::orange_heart:
I wish someone nag me to start practicing reading (being lazy)

2 Likes

Not if I end you first :stuck_out_tongue:

tenor53

Welcome to the Wanikani Community Obd san :grin: Hope you have loads of fun and learning here :raised_hands:

7666A2F1-F21A-4A8D-A8D9-74EEAF0FC610

6 Likes

Halfway through there, even if in fact that happens on 29 if we consider the number of items:

:slight_smile: quite happy with WK.

9 Likes

Leveled up to 42 yesterday. My accuracy is slowly going down but that’s kind of expected at this point. There are just so many items to remember.

I finally learned how to write hirgana out of memory. That’s a huge win for me. I never thought that I would ever accomplish that. Now I need to do the same for katakana and kanji.

10 Likes