Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

One more floor.
21 level since the thread was created. Wow.
Let’s celebrate with another Marisa.

tumblr_n3hs4vuEYD1qlndspo3_500

12 Likes

Ok! I’m in!
Highly motivated, I often need to read the forum to get hints and… damn Level 14 was a nightmare (with all those feelings involved) :slight_smile:

7-8 days per level, I think I should finish my 山登り by 2022.
Should be around 20 by the end of this year.

I wish I had found out WK so long ago. :thinking:

イタリアのトマーゾ

12 Likes

That’s a great goal. I really doubt i would make it to 30 by new year. 20 days a level :smiley:

4 Likes

Leveled up today 2/3 of Wanikani done already. Just 20 more levels.

11 Likes

Oof, 10 was a slow level for me :sweat: I got busy with finishing up school - but since I’m on break now I should be able to dedicate more time to studying Japanese and make progress more quickly, so it’ll probably balance out in a few weeks.

9 Likes

noooo :joy::joy:… this is my punishment for doing reviews when I’m supposed to be paying attention in class isn’t it

13 Likes

Level 33

It’s getting quite hard :frowning:

12 Likes

Level 22. Up, please.

11 Likes

:cherry_blossom: Level 26 get! :cherry_blossom:

Steadily and surely :sunglasses:

Due to final driving exam last thursday I got some backlog this time though, but at least I passed it (yay!), so from now on it should even easier to focus on language studies!

…can’t see report from @koro-san this time though, with record in the table being updated properly, so I hope everything fine on another end? :eyes:

11 Likes

よかった~~26!

Hiii, I’m glad we keep our 律動的なレベルアップ :grin: I woke up late, then I took lessons and only update the wiki haha.

頑張ってね!Half death passed anyway, I guess we can reach 30 before 2021 ~

6 Likes

Ah, speaking of which you right! Should be great present for New Year! :smiley:

…with that said, some “fast” levels should await us ahead, as what I heard? Initially I thought our cake day should be around next July, but recently in other cake posts I’ve seen people passing some higher levels in 3.5 days, which made me curious. Wonder if there is precise list of such levels? Just to be prepared to extra-avalanche-style drilling :thinking:

5 Likes

Of course there is one
Currently, the fast levels on Wanikani are: 43, 44, 46, 47, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60

8 Likes

Levelled up to 31 and entered the gates of hell…

It’s not too bad to be honest, it’s where all the cool kids hang out :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Oooh, so the last spurt would be the most intense one, I see… (Barely can imagine proper schedule for it by now, to be honest)

Thank you for revealing it, at least now I have time to prepare! :star2: bookmarked the post

5 Likes

Oh those will be fun. (Not)

4 Likes

It will be fun let’s do the fast levels at full speed.
giphy

7 Likes

I’m wondering how can people get an average as low as 7 days per level, sure my precision is around 90% but even at 100% I’m not sure I could lower it down to 7. Do you use any scripts or something?

Here are my stats:

2 Likes

You can use the reorder script and do the radical and kanji lessons needed for level up first. Then you just need to do your reviews on time.

But you are already faster than most people on this site anyway.

2 Likes

Oh, that must be it then. I was just curious really. It already gets a little overwhelming at times.

2 Likes

Please: don‘t be obsessed with speed. Take your time, the faster you go now, the more likely you’ll be thrown off the race track in the next curve. And you’re already really fast!

Firstly: I did a reset to 1 from 31 and my accuracy is really high.
Secondly: I work with Tsurukame. On the first 2 days of a new level, I have it on „prioritise current level“, do the new radicals and kanji, then I turn it off and do vocab, after 3.5 days I turn it on again, do the remaining kanji, and then turn it off until I level up. Works well for me.

And I never go over 100 Apprentice (more like 80-90), and never over 500 Guru. It takes discipline, but I‘ll be grateful down the road, when I start burning.

4 Likes