Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

Finally graduated into the 20-29 bracket ^-^

14 Likes

Made it to level 14! Slowly but surely making my way up to the top!

8 Likes

Just leveled and so my path trough levels of pain has begun!

Though to be fair I should probably slow down a bit to deal with this first…

8 Likes

I made it back to level 20!!

I had my speed listed as 10 days which isn’t the pace I’m going at at all. It seems to actually be closer to 21 days, so I’ve changed my speed to 2 weeks and will make a little more of an effort to do lessons! I’m doing lessons way more frequently than before my reset, though. I’ve been keeping my apprentice around 50, and I think I’m going to bump it up to 75. Should still be doable, though I’ve started studying programming recently because I need to change careers. Hopefully splitting my time won’t slow down my Japanese progress too much, cos I’ve been making awesome progress lately!!

I’ve been reading ゆるキャン△ (I’m way behind in the book club because my first volume took 3 months to arrive thanks to the pandemic… that’s why you haven’t seen me around those threads) and it’s helping a ton. My level 20 email said to start reading, and they aren’t kidding about that advice!

7 Likes

Congrats and yeah, take a slow down :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

And now my lessons are finally going down again! I have lesson limiter script that prevents me pushing too many lessons and now that my appreantices are at 120, i can finally start taking more lessons again. Ton of vocab lessons I really could had taken earlier to help with kanjis, but delayed because I had a ton of a failed masters that because apprentice 1s…

Tomorrow I’m starting my Marugoto A2 level conversational japanese course, which supplements my studies and motivates me quite a bit. It’s only 2 hours every week for these two half-semesters, but at least it’s something before I head to Akita, Kosaka in spring for month in study…

7 Likes

This has become a huge group of climbers. Awesome. Good luck, everybody!

9 Likes

I managed to get up to level 37 this morning. It’s great to be sharing the same gorgeous view as you @inspectatoro 先輩! :mount_fuji: ^>^

15 Likes

:partying_face:
Congratulations on getting to 37!
:thinking:
However, I am much confused as this is the view I have right now:

:smirk: :smiling_imp:
Nyahahaha…

11 Likes

:star2: Seventeen :star2:

5 Likes

Oh absolutely! I forgot about WK and leveled down a bit, so these levels are going a tiny bit fast at about 14 days per level. I like to keep my apprentice numbers low!

This goal just seems so REASONABLE, you know?

EDIT: wait my icon says I’m only level 7 but I’ve been level 8 for two weeks and am almost level 9 cMON FORUMS

7 Likes

Welcome to the climb! :grin: The forum does that sometimes, have you tried logging out then back in? That usually fixes the level issue.

4 Likes

For some reason, you seem very close to the ground! lol :eye::nose::eye: But a lovely view for sure! :+1: ^>^

4 Likes

Oh, that did fix it! That’s really good to know! Thank you! :blush:

2 Likes

Level 10!!!

My Plan for Level 10:
7 day Level
Unlocked: 15 Radicals, 22 Kanji, 23 (current level) Vocab, and 50 Previous Level Vocab

Radicals are all done today.
I want to split the kanji and vocab into the first 4 days. 22+23+50= 95/4= 23.75 items a day. That should leave 15 Kanji and roughly 50 more vocab for the second half of the level. 65/3 = 21.67.

I’m going to try @Joeni’s method of splitting the kanji into the first three days and trying to do the previous level vocab first.

Schedule should be:

• Friday = 6 kanji, 18 Previous level Kanji
  • Saturday = 6 kanji, 18 Previous Level Kanji
  • Sunday = 5 kanji, 14 Previous Level Kanji, 5 Current Level Kanji
  • Monday = 5 kanji, 18 Current Level Kanji
  • Tuesday = 15 kanji, 7~ish Current Level Kanji
  • Wednesday = 22~ish Current Level Kanji
  • Thursday = 22~ish Current Level Kanji

Does anyone have a list of how many kanji and vocab are unlocked at the first and second part of the level? I know there’s one for vocab at level up, but a master list would be nice to help plan this out more.

6 Likes

Level 28!

The streak goes on…

9 Likes

21!
After bearing too much pain, now it’s death time :skull_and_crossbones:

Together @username21 さん ?

12 Likes

Definitely!

Got lv21 today as well. This week was special for me, since I finally hit the 0/0 mark:

after 3 weeks down from 200 lessons pile on lv16! :muscle:
Finally I may consider taking some supplimentary studies besides WK

11 Likes

おめでとうございます!
200つは大変ですよね。

If I’m not mistaken, you’re taking N4 JLPT this year right? What books/resources did you learn to prepare N4? Grammar and listening especially.

I’m still crippling through half of N5 for grammar, for listening I think still far behind that :see_no_evil:

6 Likes

Level 25! :partying_face:
(I thought I wouldn’t level up until tomorrow so me ビックリした )

Seeing some of you leveling up really fast

Meanwhile me

11 Likes