Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

happy cake day @Rowena !! :cake:

(i waited 6 days to join the forum apparently :sweat_smile:)

also congrats @fengduoyin for reaching the level 10 milestone! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well, I waited 10 levels! :joy: So, yeah, there was quite a time cap between starting my WK journey and finally getting on the forums. I can’t seem to remember my first post right now, but what made me dip my toes into the WK waters was the yaoi appreciation thread and then the anatomically incorrect thread. :joy:

5 Likes

I thought they were just about one and the same!

1 Like

Well, one is more about having a pure-hearted laugh than the other! :rofl:

1 Like

Happy cake day @Rowena!
cake nakiri alice

7 Likes

Level 21! The beginning of the Death levels!

parks and rec chris I'm dead

13 Likes

Yay! Congrats! I’m right behind you. Onwards and upwards to the first observation deck and beyond!

5 Likes

Took a WK break because school was overwhelming. Came back to 900+ reviews ffff. Finally caught up AND leveled to 22 this week!! Hoping to be as close to 30 as possible by the end of the year. :weary:

14 Likes

Level 8! Fastest regular level yet!

I ordered a 4th edition Kenkyusha’s JtoE Dictionary off ebay for less than 30 bucks USD after my trip to half price books last weekend came up short. Also ordered Genki 1 and the workbook tonight.

I tried to find my copy of Japanese for Busy People 1 (kana) at my parents from college 15 years ago, but all i found was the workbook and oral drills book. Oh well! Let’s go level 8!

P.S. I haven’t abused scripts, but I have definitely abandoned reviews and reloaded them on Flaming Durdles until I get them correct. I have decided that in the event of all non-spelling errors (which is still my primary source of resetting a review) I will let the Crabigator take all actual errors on the first try. I’m just robbing myself otherwise!

5 Likes

Level 19! :tada: :tada: :tada:

10 Likes

Same here! :cherry_blossom: Level 19 get! :cherry_blossom:
Keeping pace, heading towards lv20 now~
Time to move to the next level group soon, huh? :smirk:

6 Likes

頑張って!

next week, same day as always :grin:

4 Likes

I entered the mountains awhile back. (Mountains are the place the dead go).

Now, I see a light ahead as I have reached the top. Sure hope this downward movement goes to heaven. I do wonder why its getting hotter as I go though. Sure thats not ominous.

5 Likes

Yup, see you soon, preparing for big promotion :fist:

4 Likes

Keep going. Im only 4 levels ahead of you (levling up on wednesday) and if I dont take any breaks will hit 37. So, youve got like… 2 levels of leeway to hit 30. Even if you dont you shoud be close =D You got this.

2 Likes

I used those books :smiley: I was seriously bored by the time I got mid-way through the second book, though.

I almost wish I just used Tae Kim (although the site is down at the moment!) but then again it’s good to have a physical book that I can open any time and read my notes from days past.

Keep on keeping on :muscle:

2 Likes

I just levelled up to 30, so I now get to climb through the light orange section just below the first observation deck! :confetti_ball:

I know I liked your post at the time, but a belated thank-you-very-much to @inspectatoro for the lovely cake day gif :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. The warmth and support of everyone in this thread is wonderful. :grin:

10 Likes

Nakiri Alice is such a fun character and it was fortuitous that I saw her with cake. I was telling myself: I gotta post this when someone’s cake day is on!
:nerd_face:
You are most welcome!

4 Likes

level 24! :hugs:

but…

10 Likes

Level 19 now. I believe if I maintain 10 lessons(maybe slightly more) per day I will achieve the goal. That pace will be difficult to maintain but I will 頑張ります。

9 Likes