Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

I’d love to be a part of this if you’d have me!

Level two here.

8 Likes

i would also like to try ^^ let’s see if i get there until then

5 Likes

Just signed up for the 21 by 2021 so I’ll join here too :smile:

4 Likes

I really like this idea, so I’m in too !
Not sure if I can really stick with it for almost 2 years, but you can’t just stop in the middle of the tower, right ? So let’s do this !

5 Likes

Well, I mean, there are the observation decks. Although they aren’t there as an excuse to slack off, you can still feel good about yourself if you didn’t quite make to level 60, but at least made it to one of the decks, I’d say.

6 Likes

Whoa another goal, I’m in!

3 Likes

Climbed up the Skytree two years ago when we were in Tokyo, the view from up top is stunning! Highly recommend going (though when we went there was some sort of event that meant that the windows were plastered with stickers)

8 Likes

I hope to go to Tokyo next year and see the view!

6 Likes

I don’t know how this work but add me

3 Likes

You’re in! Just keep posting in the thread and add yourself to the leaderboard in the first post if you want.

2 Likes

I don’t know how to add myself😅

2 Likes

Copy this template: |Username|Goal|Speed|Original Level|Current Level|
On the OP, click the orange pen icon, then click “edit wiki”, find the group you belong in, paste that line and fill out your details, done

4 Likes

I’d like to go to Oshino Dead, OSHINO DEAD 2019 The Movie part1 - YouTube one day. The most chill and peaceful festival ever :sunglasses: Also because it makes no sense at all.

4 Likes

Yeah you’re right, every new stage is basically a victory.
And I find that starting to learn a new language alway seems like a lot of work over an impossibly long period of time, but when looking back later it wasn’t even that hard. Like I’m in my 4th year of learning english now. 4 years, I didn’t even realize until just now. It’s really all about routine.

5 Likes

I was just wondering what I’ll do once I reach level 21. Thanks so much for this, you’re a real gem!

9 Likes

Count me in of course!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t know about that :stuck_out_tongue:
When I look back at my progress with Japanese, I certainly wouldn’t say it wasn’t hard, because every step required so much effort from me.

I envy you :smiley:

3 Likes

Finishing up my last year of my bachelors up till summer next year, so I’ll go quite slow on here, but 2022 should definitely be possible.

7 Likes

Maybe it’s because I was pretty lax while learning English. Like I never studied grammar. I just sat there exposing myself to the language via books, movies, music, etc, scribbling down every. single. word. I didn’t know (which let me to a vocabulary stack of over 4000 :sweat_smile:). And here I am! Englishing all I want, with probably the worst gramma ever XD

There are definitely ways to learn a language much faster than my method. And they all require much more effort, so I see where you’re coming from. Plus this method probably wouldn’t work with Japanese considering the different grammar structures. I guess I’ll just have to see what I can pick up on the way and time will tell wether Japanese will be as effortless as English or not.

6 Likes

This is so cute, I love it! I’ve only ever seen the view from the lower observation deck (they charge you extra to go to the higher deck???), but even that makes the rest of Tokyo look like little toy buildings on a play mat.

The Luminaries/Olympian threads have teams - you could think about adding those too :wink:

7 Likes