Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

whew, finally moved up to level 11. I was a little slower than I would like to have been due to moving back into college dorms, but I’m full steam ahead now that i’m settled in!

6 Likes

I just levelled up 30 minutes ago to the last rung of this section of the climb :tada:

I realised yesterday that I had miscalculated my median level up time by a day (14, not 13) so have corrected the wiki. There seem to be a fair few of us at that pace, so Go Fortnighters!!

11 Likes

Great to see you, mate! First round’s on me.

かんぱい! :beers:

Scenes of mmm333 getting "lashed with the boys"

Scenes from later that very same evening

===========

I’ll be waiting for you at the top, Pau-chan! (Bring more beers, pls)

5 Likes

:open_mouth:
How’d you know I wear glasses?
:nerd_face:

4 Likes

The answer is simple…

僕の前にいってビールを飲んでいる。 :eyes:

1 Like

Well, thank you for the 乾杯 RoseEater but I have to leave you guys in the First Observation Deck for now. I’m gonna try and catch up to @mikrohard-さん and @Abstormal-さん.

Besides, it’s not like you and @mmm333-さん and @Fortissimou2-さん all are not going to overtake me by the end of the year anyway, you guys’ pace is too fast for me! :sweat:

:nerd_face::steam_locomotive:
anyway I’ll still keep chugging along and hope you all do! As @Marifly-さん usually says: “onwards and upwards!”

4 Likes

You certainly can, cause I haven’t leveld since early May :wink:
I will move again soon, but not at full speed =P

3 Likes

Got N2 test in December so I have get to level 51 before then. Might be impossible :slightly_frowning_face:

9 Likes

:fist:
You can do ittttt!

5 Likes

Go go go! :blush: And even if you don’t get to level 51 in time, as long as you have a nice knowledge balance between all the areas, you’ll most likely be fine.

5 Likes

The Dec JLPT is 10 weeks away, so at your declared pace you will be just shy; that said, the JLPT tables on the WK stats site are not anything official as there isn’t an official list of which vocab will or won’t be given on any particular test - such lists are made from looking at previous years’ tests.

2 Likes

Usually the lists are just the official ones from back when the JLPT had it public (which was before the big 2010 changes). And then they just use some data to separate the N3 and N2 (which used to be a single level)

3 Likes

Just had my longest level but I made it! Had a nice week off doing loads of fun activities but I’m back and ready to do it all over again.

12 Likes

I’m so glad to see that there are so many of us climbing the Skytree! I had to take a little break and breathe for a week or so, but I’m ready to start climbing again now. Hope to get to level 20 next week. Onwards and upwards!!!

17 Likes

Getting on the tower with a modest goal of level 45. I don’t want to rush through while ignoring grammar studies and work.

16 Likes

Welcome back! I was confused not seeing you for a while, since it mostly you being the general cheer-provider in this thread :wink: Let’s keep 頑張ing! :muscle:

8 Likes

Just hit level 10… 1/6th of the way there!

15 Likes

Level 14. I have a new concept now: speed is determined by Apprentice count. I try to always have 80 Apprentice. If I have 71 I learn 9 lessons. Never go beyond 80, no matter what.

So far, this keeps everything nicely in control.

11 Likes

I just decided to join…only to realize it says “spring 2022” - not “spring 2021”. Let’s just hope I’m long since lv 60 by then! :wink:

In any case: 皆さん, 頑張ばって!^>^

11 Likes

Congrats on the milestone!
giphy

I like using this strategy too! When I was going through a rough time with work, I kept this to like 50 apprentice items to not overwhelm myself. Now I’ve bumped this back up to 70 and I’ll see where I go from here :slight_smile:

8 Likes