Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

Zelda (Link to the Past, the only one I’ve played) is Ba Ba Ba Bah, while Final Fantasy goes Ba Ba Ba Bah Bah Bah Bap-ba Bah.

There’s a bit at the beginning of Mahler’s first symphony that would fit the bill though. :duck:

5 Likes

36! In the meantime, passed an N2 practice exam, which was nice. Anki studying is still working out really well for learning more kanji outside of the WK pace!

10 Likes

Thank you, yes, it was final fantasy. I’m glad that you took this question seriously and gave me a thoughtful answer.

wait. it is the chest open of ocarina.

ba ba ba ba bah

god doesn’t that sound just still release a little bit of dopamine for you. Love it.

7 Likes

Just leveled up to 48. The “fast” levels are turning out to not be any faster than the regular levels for me. When things get busy with work I am not able to do new lessons in a timely fashion and leveling up gets delayed. Hopefully I will still be able to reach level 60 by the appointed time though.

10 Likes

I think I must accept, finally, that I will not climb the Skytree :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Maybe not until May 2022, but that tower’s not going anywhere, it’ll still be here should you still want to tackle it. :face_in_clouds:

10 Likes

i mean, right now i’m quite dubious about being able to travel to japan by may 2022, so i’m not in a hurry either way :smiley:

6 Likes

Hello, hello, Hello!
Another exquisite stats overview!

What? You’re telling me we’re already having December? Wasn’t it 2020 just moments ago?
Well, I can tell you, I feel just like that. Back to business:

wk_skytree

After three to four months of low user influx, we can say our group here has finally settled at a size of 800 something users. EIGHT-HUNDRED!!! :exploding_head: Of those 800, three new users joined the Level 60-club! Congrats! :clap:

Also, I began tracking the average level a few months ago and there’s pretty graph when plotted over the life time of this group:

av_lvl

Isn’t it beautiful? That continuous increase - a steady growth of collective knowledge!

Next update will be next year, so until then stay healthy and Merry Christmas!

16 Likes

It makes me feel a lot better about myself to see I’m on track with the average level :sweat_smile: lol thanks for the stats as always!!

6 Likes

58 → 59 in 13 days 23 hours
Only 1 more level to go, HYPE!

Meanwhile I’ve played a bunch more Persona 4 Golden, I’m about 22 hours in. Such a great game.
Unfortunately I’m going to have to pause the game, because ファイナルファンタジーxiv: 暁月のフィナーレ will release in about 11 hours and I’m so excited for the game.

Coincidentally I just Guru’d 暁 :smiley:

15 Likes

That’s super cool ty. I thought about the drop in Jan, then realised it must be “New Years Resolution” people who joined the fun.

6 Likes

yaaay, I reached level 15 today ^^
By the way: WaniKani lifetime subscription sale when?

12 Likes

Based on past years, it starts mid December.

8 Likes

@febLey @sansarret

You are both so close now! :heart_eyes_cat:

9 Likes

Congrats to @febley almost there!, @sansarret , @vizi , @KyokaJiro , @rowena , @amagi , & @Mrs_Diss on your recent level gains!

Level 52 wu hoo. A bit slower (31 days) but to be expected with holidays and focusing on studying for a professional certification exam. Any-who, it felt good to hit 5500 burned items too. ( ・´ー・`)

19 Likes

Finally hit level 30 last night.

15 Likes

Made it back to 51 and the Reality levels. Just one more level so that I can start learning new content again.

15 Likes

Level 58!

Sometimes I do not believe myself that I made it that far.

19 Likes

Fell off the wagon due to some awful real life developments. Time to get back on.

12 Likes

I know exactly how you feel :smile:

It feels so surreal to watch or play something in Japanese, that sometimes my imposter syndrome kicks in: “You actually don’t understand anything of this, do you?”

9 Likes