Congrats Voi san :metal:

tenor

Welcome to Paradise Ookami san :clap:

7 Likes

8 Likes

Finally back to the level I was at before the big reset :tada:

14 Likes

Just a small progress report, besides my usual WK updates:
I tried to play Persona 4 Golden on PC last year around early October.
To reach the first save point in the town, which usually takes about 20 - 30 minutes, took me 3 hours, so of course I dropped it like a hot potato.

Now for the whole week I’ve had an itch for a JRPG, the day before last I finally got myself to try it again, and what should I tell you, I blazed through the same stretch in just about 30 Minutes and played around 4 - 5 hours into the story, which effectively took me around 7,5 hours.
But damn, that’s some tangible progress and it feels so good to finally play such a narrative heavy game at a comfortable pace. My lookups are actually few and far between, but it really helps, that most story dialogue is voiced. And I wouldn’t say I understand 100%, but it’s enough to get my enjoyment out of the story.

I think I was at WK level 31 at that first time, as of today I’m at 58, and meanwhile I’ve finished Genki 2 as well as Chapter 1 & 2 of Tobira.

I’ve already encountered some, for me rather unusual, Kanji usage like 貴方, 訊く and 繋がる, but the more I encounter them, the more I get used to them.
I’m so thrilled to play more.

19 Likes

Taking my own advice, I slowed down. WAY down. I hope I will level up before the end of the week, but this level will be the first one that took over a month. So much stuff outside of WK came up, so it was hard to manage the reviews. Also, I’ve been missing a lot of burns, so they pop into my review pile and start acting like newly learned items. I should probably get a script to deal with my leeches to help things not be so overwhelming (because missing them over and over is not so good for the ol’ self-esteem), but only after things calm down enough for me to focus back on WK.

I’m trying to stay positive, but it’s really tricky sometimes. I haven’t missed a day yet, and don’t intend to! I’m glad that I have you all here for the support.

12 Likes

Yoku Yatta Old friend san :clap:

Go for it FebLey san :+1:

Hopefully your external circumstances resolve themselves soon :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Just starting with level 35 ! And I wanna join all of you. Though, I don’t expect level 60 by this spring, but definitely before end of 2022 ! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Same thing with The Sims. Tried playing TS3 at around level 5 and I couldn’t even navigate the options menu. Now I can play comfortably (albeit with a lot of trial and error, and still not being able to read pop-ups). It really is amazing how each little nugget of knowledge truly contributes to the big picture.

6 Likes

This is so exciting, and I hope to be able to do this next year as well. Something new to strive for thank you!

7 Likes

Reached level 14! I think I’ve found a good pace now, even though I have neglected my reviews this week.
Crazy to think I joined the challenge back at level 6!

10 Likes

Level 57 reached. Also number of burns went over 50%.

Some vocab of these last levels is /strange/funny/ridiculous/obscure/never heard of before/ - take you pick, examples:
殊勲 Meritorious Deeds
叙勲 Conferring Of Decorations

9 Likes

This is the lowest 24 review forecast I have ever had

10 Likes

Seeing those numbers blows my mind… how does it feel having only a few apprentice/guru/master? Are reviews easier or harder now?

7 Likes

My percentage correct is certainly going down for my burn reviews, but overall it is nice to not have to focus to much on WK, and instead focus on other things.

12 Likes

me

5 Likes

level 24 is mine! 13 days, which is fine, though i still have some 70 vocab left, so i’ll have to take care of that too. feels good to be back on the climb. had a few days where i had more reviews than i was comfortable with, from the last effort getting through all the items waiting to be burned. didn’t do any lessons on those days. but those were the last of residues of the pile.

without the pile my accuracy is also back up, which i’m happy about ^^

congratulations to everybody who’s been levelling up, or even reaching level 60!

and remember, it doesn’t matter whether you go fast or slow, but keep on learning those kanji! :smiley:

11 Likes

Got my first level up last night after my recent reset, so I’m now back to 49 and into the fast level zone again.

10 Likes

Hello, How you all doing

5 Likes

Quite well, I’d say. Fast levels are a bunch of work, but it’s still doable I guess. How about yourself?

4 Likes

Pretty good. Fast level indeed are tough. On the positive side i wouldn’t have much leeches left after this level.

3 Likes