Let's climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in spring 2022

Looks like I hadn’t updated in a long time… 39 → 49. I’ve definitely slowed down, but probably in a good way. I needed to slow down on Kanji and add some language class into the mix. It looks like I’ll get to level 60 in a little over 2 years from starting, which is a pleasant surprise.

9 Likes

@KyokaJiro ひさしぶり キョカジロ
How’s the level up hope it is going good.

5 Likes

I try not to think about it too much and just absorb :joy:. Sometimes it goes in, sometimes it doesn’t. Also, harness the spacetime role of toilet breaks :joy:.

7 Likes

Agreed I just do 15 items a day and know that eventually I will get to level 60.

SOME DAY

6 Likes

Hi Kuuru san :wave:

It is going well. Maybe one more week before I level up.

Been reading a few light novels (in English) and rereading the Kyojuro arcs in KnY. :grin:

How about you?

4 Likes

Congrats! What an achievement :confetti_ball:

5 Likes

「それはよかった」きょうじろ れんごく

「うまい」
It is been going good. Not sure when the level up but definitely not like my last level😂.

4 Likes

Congrats to @sansarret , @stay_coolxd , & @rowena on your level ups!

I hit level 50 earlier this week.

C:。ミ

9 Likes

Thank you :blush:! Congrats to you too!

6 Likes

HEYO, level 32.
I’m getting there. Watch out!

It’s going super well. If everything stays on track, I’ll be 60 in summer, right before JLPT.

8 days is the fastest I can do a level, because I can only do 2 review sessions a day, but that’s fast enough for me. If I actually do manage to level up every 8 days, I’ll be done in spring. But we shall see. Summer would be quick enough for my goals. Heck, even winter would be fast enough, as I’ll be planning my N2 then.

15 Likes

For N2, level 51 or 52 would suffice. The bigger problem I’m having in maintaining a working memory for non kanji vocab.

8 Likes

I’ve made it to the second observation deck. Still a quarter of the whole way to go.

Let’s quote Jeremy Clarkson: How hard can it be?

(The answer, in all cases, was “very”.)

12 Likes

I’ve made it to Level 38, after spending 37 days on Level 37! After my 1 month lesson break my leeches have gone down a fair bit, so hopefully I can spend less time on the next few levels.

11 Likes

I’ve started level 18! Technically, I started level 18 60 days ago, but I don’t count the start of a level until I start doing items for it. Hopefully I’ll be back with my regular pace soon! I don’t think I’m gonna be reaching 60 by spring, so I’m going to hope for somewhere between 25-30.

11 Likes

Story of my life T.T. It’s so hard when all one sees is just kana, right? For me the hardest are onomatopoeia, unless I add them with a verb into Anki. Then it’s a little easier.

Speaking of kanji and levels, I noticed that a lot of the words I come across even in children’s stories use kanji from much higher levels (40+) and some of those kanji are not in WaniKani sadly. There are alternative spellings which use kanji from WaniKani, but what one finds in books is not up to the reader :smiley: .

EDIT: Woo it’s vocab time. All* kanji from 35 conquered :smiley:
* Sort of. Still need to actually get them to Guru.

7 Likes

Hello me, 4 months before. Just as you predicted, the promised day has come. 300 enlightens. Here goes the biggest bunch of burns I’ve ever seen, and apparently the biggest I’ll ever see in my entire life. Pretty exciting, right?
Come back in ~4 hours to check out an outcome.

15 Likes

Oh my, what a pleasant view! 227 burns, huh? This look is quite rewarding, I promise you.

227 out of 306 makes it average 74% retention of not so common words after 4 months of not seeing them.
Frankly speaking, back then my biggest fear was I’ll never remember some words and they’ll be hanging around Guru stages forever, thus snowballing and burying me under reviews pile. But now I’m happy to see WK SRS working pretty great, so I’m convinced: one day I’ll burn them all.

16 Likes

We must have like the exact same schedule because I just did the same thing today.

Burns are finally back tomorrow and I’m not excited…

6 Likes

55 → 56 in 16 days 23 hours
The last few levels have been so brutal, I’m doing so many reviews on a daily basis, but I want to be done before end of the year, so I’m pushing through this.

15 Likes

I think I’m breaking after I get to 52 in March. Then when I pass the N2 I’ll come back and learn the last kanjis…

But congrats on pushing through. You’ve got more stamina than me!

7 Likes