Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

Don’t, because you’re clearly still progressing!

I just realised you started exactly one day after @quimda haha

9 Likes

No need to feel mad at yourself! We all go at our own pace.

10 Likes

It’s been a while since my last post. The summer has gone quite well! I went on vacation in july, so there was a period of about 8 days where I didn’t do any lessons, but otherwise it’s been 20 lessons per day + reviews. Just gonna keep on trekking on :smiley:

13 Likes

It’s so exciting to see how much everyone is progressing! I’m glad I have a place I can always come back to and share my level-ups with you all.
I gotta say, the 地獄 levels are named very well. I’m finally free of them… but not before taking three times my normal speed on level 40. Learning to let go of my leveling speed was hard, but it was worth it. I was hitting a wall and the reviews were piling up – I had about 600 piled up at one point because it was just too much for me (especially with life going on). But I tackled them over the course of the week and made it back to 0/0 today before leveling to 41! Feels good to be where I am.

16 Likes

Made it to level 6~

I’ve been staggering my new lessons (10 in the morning, and 10 in the evening) and that has done wonders for the amount of new lessons unlocking at once. It feels so much more relaxed now.

I was surprised that I was still slightly under my 10 day mark for a level. I expect that the next level will be a bit longer (first three days of new lessons was just vocab). But the radicals are all done now and I’ve started on the kanji for this level. Let’s see what this new level brings!

18 Likes

You got this!

10 Likes

i’m still working on my huge pile of reviews, and will be doing so for quite some time still. and i still have 1300 pending reviews.

nonetheless i’m making significant progress. when i began working on this pile of reviews, i had something like 300 apprentice reviews, and was getting accuracy rates of under 50%. currently i have only 33 apprentice items pending, and i managed to work my way through all the guru1 items. once i’m through the guru2 i might start adding a small number of new lessons again. so all in all i’m feeling rather optimistic.

on a side-note, i got a kindle for my birthday, and it arrived today. i turn it on, and it asks me to choose a language. i only hesitated a little bit before choosing 日本語 :smiley: and then proceded to do the whole setup in japanese withough having to look anything up :smiley:

17 Likes

I reached a thousand burns. I’d be happier, but weight of reviews is still crushing.

18 Likes

I’m still alive and still grinding.
51 to 52 in 16 days 15 hours.

If everything goes by plan, I should be 60 in December

22 Likes

Congrats on your level ups! @sansarret , @KyokaJiro , @stay_coolxd , @kramabrab ,

& @here34 ! You’re so close, keep it up.

(ΦωΦ)

13 Likes

I feel like I should know because I often see graphics like this (I love the color scheme, too), but which script do you use? I’m curious to see what mine looks like.

6 Likes

That would be the Wanikani Heatmap.

8 Likes

Nice streak, you almost have two years there!!

7 Likes

Not the fastest, but the steadiest :smiley:
I plan to keep up the streak until no reviews show up for a day.
The first day without reviews will be really really strange, it has become such an integral part of my daily schedule.

11 Likes

Level up! Two levels away from 20… damn.

Also,
Capture
I really. Really. Hate the number 9.

13 Likes

Thanks! I have now joined the world of (non-mobile app scripting)!
Oh sweet! Almost to 300 days!

Oh…
oh no I’m scared :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

19 Likes

Got to level 49, took usual 12 days. Nothing much else to say.

14 Likes

hit level 36 last night… this month had been extra busy and wk time wasn’t exactly my priority, but still managed to spend approximately 13-15 days on each level, not bad T_T
I can’t believe i forgot to share here when i made it onto first observation deck…

16 Likes

@KyokaJiro how have you been ?
Leveled up yet?
As for me i might take more 20 days at worst scenrios. That would mean i get to take care of the leeches in the mean while (which to be quite huge number i believe it was around 300 :stuck_out_tongue: )

6 Likes

I am good Kuuru san :slightly_smiling_face: How have you been?

I will probably be holding at L42 for a month or so. I have 40 more vocabulary from L41. I am close to 4K Burns. I lost count of my leeches :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes