Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

You can’t see my level because it’s “Beyond Infinity” :wink:

Due to IRL stuff, I haven’t been doing lessons for the last 7-10 days. So L42 will be painful with full of L41 vocab.

Will slowly restart the kanji lessons for 41 and in another 4-5 days, I may move to the promised land :grin:

9 Likes

Hope you deal with that stuff smoothly. And keep going in the marathon. And don’t give up😜

6 Likes

Between my normal classes and studying for N4 in December, I think I will be at my current level until further notice. I wanted to get to the observation deck but highly unlikely at this stage. :smiley:

10 Likes

Level 60 achieved! 284 / 1421 / 1134 / 2959 / 3109. Here are my screens from wkstats:

and

29 Likes

Congrats! :tada: :tada:
These are some impressive stats if I may say so!

7 Likes

Just leveled up to 41 ~ paradise! :tada:

9 Likes

Congratulations and that is an impressive speed run.

6 Likes

Notice:
I was just going to compile a new plot for the stats, but there appears to have been a major reset of the leaderboard just a few hours ago which set the table back to a state from 1-2 months ago. You can see that the current table of users that have reached Level 60 ends with May, so that can’t be right. I’m not sure how to fix this, so I ask some more experienced user around here to repair the tables.

8 Likes

I’ll look into it.

5 Likes

Ok, I did the restore manually (only OP can restore a version I guess).
Good thing, there were only two edit, that I’ve reapplied (including @OokamiShinjou our latest member!).

Only one i haven’t treated is @crinoid1 as there were too many edit (not pointing finger there, but reapply your edit more carefully please) :wink:

10 Likes

Since I finally decided WK is more than worth its monthly subscription price, and I had a goal of level 60 around mid-2022, I’ve joined in on this goal. I’m able to put in many hours every single day so it shouldn’t be too difficult. It’s more a matter of motivation for me… and not being lazy. Need to practice the leeches while I wait for WK reviews.

The consistency of the level-ups is insane. Very nice.

After reading the post about the table being a little off, I kept a tab open just in case I needed to reenter my entry. I appreciate that you did that for me. Thanks.

11 Likes

I’m Level 34 now!

Wait that’s only one level away from the first observation deck
How did I get here

18 Likes

just dropping the plot of the current level distribution here:

a

19 new users joined us in July. 93 users have already reached or surpassed the first observation deck. But to all climbers - independent of their level: There’s still more than 9 months left! みなさん、頑張って!

and the animated GIF:

wk_skytree

24 Likes

So many at level 21! :o

8 Likes

Edit: also realized i entered 天国地域 woo!
Leveled to 41 after 25 days and 10 hours
“Ouch”

Got back to persona… after 2 years and been enjoying it. (It is the main reason i missed my review session couple days ago lol)
How things with you @KyokaJiro

11 Likes

Level 25!

Little by little I climb that Tower…
I found my pace at around 9 days per level, finishing all vocab of previous level before starting radicals. And maintaining apprentice items around 100.

Also I have burned by first items! I started a few years ago and I already have more than 200 burned items!

17 Likes

Congrats on reaching Tengoku Kuuru san :raised_hands:

WK-wise things are good. But been busy at work so it might take longer for me to clear 41. I can’t wait for these two weeks at work to be over.

6 Likes

Hit level 30 today and am officially halfway there…

Been with Wanikani since March 2016, and never thought I’d make it this far with how often I’ve quit and come back. Looks like I’ve finally found a pace that works for me (hope I didn’t just jinx myself :upside_down_face:).

Here’s to the last 30 levels!

22 Likes

Reached level 5!

I’m going to try to stagger my radicals & kanji a little bit. Up until now I did most lessons as they became available. But that means I unlock a staggering amount of vocab at once at the end of the level.

If staggering doesn’t work the way I hope it does I will probably adjust my pace to 12-15 days per level to give me a bit of breathing space.

12 Likes

do i keep changing current level as i level up or does it change automatically?

4 Likes