Let's climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in spring 2022

I’m starting to guru kanji! I got nine so far. Hope to level up by Monday or Tuesday!

9 Likes

And with this morning levelup, I’ve graduated from the second observation deck into the final stretch of Wanikani!

Level 45 was a nice break from the the fast level pace introduced in level 44. At the pace I’m going I should be able to clear level 47 on pace while it’s still a fast level. the amount of lessons you get during fast levelling is rough, but I feel I should be able to keep up this pace for the final 2 months.

13 Likes

49 → 50 in 17 days 22 hours, a bit longer than my previous levels.
Currently I’m struggling with a lot of vocab, I don’t know what it is. Probably I’m not doing enough immersion. I’m trying to read 2 NHK easy and a few pages コンビニ人間 every day, but that doesn’t seem to cut it.
At least I’ve finaly finished Genk II, almost 2 years after I started with Part 1.

15 Likes

Up to level 34 this morning! So close to that first observation deck.

It would be grand if I could start remembering the difference between 濡 and 漏 during that first review session after work though, I’m yo-yo’ing these two between guru and master constantly. :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

I made up a personal mnemonic for 漏/濡 because I had the same issue … when the rain is inside/under, that’s because it leaked and let the rain in. And when the rain is on the surface/on top of something, the surface is wet.

7 Likes

I just started Wanikani, and there are only about 300 days left for this challenge. If I can stick to a pace of ~10 days per level I might just reach the first observation deck :sparkles:

16 Likes

I finally made it out of the 苦 levels last night and hit the 死 levels and got greeted with 7 dozen new lessons.

10 Likes

I don’t know why but I always picture being in the basement of the Simpsons’ (cartoon characters) house when I see 漏. The American flag is hanging outside and a tsunami smashes into the window. The Simpsons then row out of there, of course.

Sometimes my imagination slightly tweaks the WK mnemonic but in very absurd ways :face_with_thermometer:

8 Likes

Small update: the day I wrote this post, I managed to read for a whole hour of コンビニ人間 without getting worn out. Yesterday I almost read 2 hours, I think it was about 1,5 and 1,75 hours.
Feels good to read more than a few paragraphs without getting exhausted.

14 Likes

Back to wanikani after a 2 month break due to needing to study for a German exam (yes I’m learning two language at once :sweat_smile: ). Hopefully I can get back into it and push for reaching at least halfway by spring. My progress is too slow to make it to the top but I’ll try my best! 頑張ります!

11 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing! I’m definitely going to try this, the more visual mnemonics definitely stick in my head quicker.

5 Likes

Level 17! As long as I don’t take forever, I think I’ll be able to get to 18 by the start of the school year like I wanted to! Maybe even get close to finishing 18 by then.

12 Likes

I started 2 levels ago i think?
To instead of doing 3 review session aday to only two. And so far my level up seems faster than usual. Can anyone explain this phenomenon lol . Although that might have nothing to do with it but idk

10 Likes

Level 33 this morning!
And reached 2000 burns as well :grin:

12 Likes

It’s good to be back to WK! I’ve reset back to level 1 after a loooooong break and this time I’m going to take it slow and steady :turtle: Hoping to reach level 20 by March!

14 Likes

@IncreasedDamage moved you up along with me, since it looked like you updated your level but forgot to step out of the first observation deck.

6 Likes

Welp, I’ve really lagged behind recently… currently at 22 days for level 18, but only have 3 apprentice 4 kanji left, so I hopefully will get to lvl 19 tomorrow!

12 Likes

oh cool, ty!

3 Likes

Welcome, and good luck on your journey to the 1st obs.deck!

4 Likes

Level 21! Or in other words, the highest level I reached before resetting.
I’ve been really satisfied with my pace so far, but since everything starting now will be totally new to me, I’m hoping I can maintain it and not get too discouraged if things don’t come as easily.

8 Likes