Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

I remember those disgustin- wonderful words

7 Likes

The only one that is sticking so far is 希望 (hope) since it is one of the DRV3 character’s name (and anyone who has played those games knows that the word hope appears way too often).

5 Likes

another week, another level :wink: the last of the death levels went okay, despite my week being kind of overloaded with other stuff to do. though i didn’t get to do nearly as much reading as i would have liked, just didn’t have enough spoons left over. but a nice thing was that this is was first level where i didn’t have any trailing kanji still waiting to guru. it’s a nice feeling to have it all finished all at the same time ^^

the big thing i changed this level was adding a whole bunch of alternate fonts, both to the browser and on the phone (tsurukame). it adds a new dimension to learning kanji - on the one hand some of them are much more difficult to recognise, but on the other hand they make me think much more about how the kanji are written. in particular with the handwritting fonts, often they seem to be completely illegible at first glance, but when i mentally trace the strokes it comes together. and instead of the kanji being a fixed image, it becomes a much more flexible structure. i find it’s helping a lot with recall, and heading towards hand-writing myself. though immediately after adding the new fonts i spent a lot more time on reviews. :sweat_smile:

anyway, it is late, and i’m sleepy. i hope your reviews are treating you well, and keep on climbing! :smiley:

edit: i just worked out that if i continue these 7-day levels i can reach the hell levels on my birthday… …why does this sound like a bad idea? :smiley:

9 Likes

It is not. Double the fun is it.
I am still in 地獄 hopefully to reach 現実 in my birthday. Or at least 天国
@KyokaJiro how have you been?

4 Likes

Congrats Kuuru san :slightly_smiling_face:

I am doing well. Not much progress on the level but mostly just clearing reviews :slightly_smiling_face: This could be on track to my slowest level with almost 3 weeks and no end in sight.

Hell is truly Hell :joy: Hopefully I can complete this level in the next one week.

While I have the draft points, I need to write a follow up article for “Run with Kanji” (Level 20 post) with a Haikyuu themed “Itadaki no Kesshiki” for my Level 40 post. This will probably be next month :joy:

Slow and steady. As long as I am doing at least one review a day, I am not too worried. It is just a lean phase :slightly_smiling_face:

Mou Ippo Naisu (In Daichi san’s voice - More Haikyuu :stuck_out_tongue:)

How about you?

8 Likes

My slow level; last level kinda payed off. I doing great on the reviews being doing lessons daily (still 100 left lol)

6 Likes

I leveled up to 37 a few days ago, but still haven’t made it through the new lessons to get to the radicals and first set of kanji yet. I have been doing fewer lessons because I’m having to do so much extra work at work recently. But, it’s okay, I still have plenty of time to reach level 60 by our “deadline.”

I’m also leaving for a weeklong trip next Tuesday. I don’t want to do vacation mode, because just hitting pause on the SRS risks me forgetting everything. I don’t want to spend a lot of time on my vacation doing WK, but also, I’ll be at theme parks… so maybe having WK to do while I’m waiting in all those ride queues won’t be bad. I can also stop doing lessons or just do a few each day so the apprentice load is lighter. What have others done with WK on their vacations?

12 Likes

Finally Level 60. Won’t make a post about it because there’s tons of ‘I reached Level 60’ posts out here already, but I’ll just leave Guille’s Theme here because it played in my head the moment I saw Level 60 flash on my WaniKani dashboard. It’s an absolute banger if you’ve never heard it before

20 Likes

congrats on level 60!!!

i hope the cake is worth it! :smiley:

6 Likes

Thank you! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Shhh, nobody tell her it took me 6 months to get 2 levels. Atleast I kept up with my grammar!

I blame everything and everyone but myself. :nerd_face: Back on the horse again, onwards to level 60!

9 Likes

12 Likes

Now go home and be a family man! :us:

5 Likes

Holiday weekend coming up so … Making a big push for 40. Probably going to regret the massive pile of lessons I’ve initiated in the last 5 days as there seems to be a lot of vexing verbs in 39 !! :smiley:

Ahh, I just read in another post from TofuguJenny they made another increase to transivity pair additions. That might have something to do with my verb issues.

8 Likes

Levelled up! Now I’m level 15! Halfway through the pain :muscle:

11 Likes

Halfway to the halfway point :wink:

9 Likes

Let’s say i don’t appreciate the baseball terms wanikani throw at me. Never played don’t know the terms meaning either. :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

Halfway through the Painful stage

8 Likes

I wish I could brush it off as intentional but I really was just being an idiot :sob:

7 Likes

yooo i’m on level 8! spent a week on vacation mode for a literal vacation, but still felt all the guilt. glad to be back though :slight_smile:

9 Likes