Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

I went on holiday mode and have a huge stack of voc lessons, so I have a few months left to get back to normal. Then I’ll be able to climb up again

6 Likes

So.
I have 41 days left until level 60 (I will be 50 in about 23 hours).
If I keep my rhythm of 4d/level, and both of you keep yours of 3.5d…

You have 1 last normal level and 12 fast levels, that means about 49 days or less.

I can feel the pressure. :smiley:

11 Likes

Why, now this is a pleasant company to hit the sky! :fist: Lets do it together!

Yessir, no anymore slacking allowed during this charge to the peak! Let us accompany and give you a shoulder during this last spurt :wink:

According to my 予定, we (me&koro) should hit lv60 precisely at 1st of June.

9 Likes

Together to the top! :wink:

8 Likes

一緒に登るぞ!

11 Likes

I survived another fast level and onto 56! Just two weeks to go now…

15 Likes

@KyokaJiro how did you hid your level ?
or did i get blocked🤔
Anyway i got nothing to report. I am kinda close (or not) to my level up. Kinda scared because haven’t finished half of my vocab lessons (i think)

5 Likes

It’s actually a bug with the recently deployed update to Discourse (the same one that changed the UI for making polls and added extra colours for number of posts on the index) that seems to have broken the implementation of level numbers that WaniKani uses.

Given that Kitsun uses the same forums and the same style of icon split between level and whether you’re paid/trial/lifetime and don’t have the same issue … I’m not sure why this happened, but hopefully they’ll fix it soon.

7 Likes

Haha thanks :slight_smile: My accuracy really dropped in the 40-50s. I recently started leech training and that has helped a lot.

5 Likes

It’s most likely as Joeni san has mentioned. I didn’t block anyone :sweat_smile:

No hurry. 36 hasn’t be sticking so far. Mainly its the schedule. But I am sure it will after I try it a few more times :slight_smile:

Just watched a few episodes of KnY to relax and now I want to read the Infinity express arc in Manga. I can’t wait for it to be released. It has been a loooooooooong wait :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Yeah they sure took their time. I already seen in it though but i want to watch it again with better quality etc…

4 Likes

Just wanted to share this funny thing i encountered.

in lesson

By itself it is nothing special. But in arabic it sound like حسن which is boy name. So i found this kinda funny

11 Likes

Word, I just found it and the activity on this thread is amazing. I am almost all the way up at the sky tree, but I will probably stick around afterwards for a while.

4 Likes

Haha I noticed the exact same thing! A boy in my middle school was named Hassan, so I thought of him while doing the vocab. It is a pretty good mnemonic, but unlucky if you are named Hassan and go to Japan I guess.

4 Likes

Good my name isn’t hassan :laughing:.

4 Likes

I’m gonna level up a day late. Vacation rocks :skull:

But seriously vacation does rock

6 Likes

Hit level 30 today!! :sparkles:
This is actually quite a big accomplishment for me, as I originally started WK back in 2015… and then reset in 2018, and then proceeded to take a 523 day break between levels 8 and 9 because life got in the way. :sweat_smile:

I’m now further through than I got before (I think I originally reset around level 25), but more importantly I hit a 500 day review streak at the beginning of this week, and I’m feeling quite happy that the habit is truly formed now. This thread has helped so much, even just seeing everyone progressing through their own climbs is incredibly motivational - so, thank you to everyone!

21 Likes

Amazing work! Over 1000 kanji in the bag :muscle:

You are like the phoenix rising from the ashes ready to set the world ablaze…

How are you finding reading atm? Enjoying it?

10 Likes

Absolutely! Still need to order myself a nice stack of new books, but a friend sent me a copy of one of the 5分後に意外な結末 books recently which I’m slowly making my way through. It’s definitely more enjoyable now that the main stumbling block is the unnaturalness of the grammar more than anything, but I don’t mind having to re-read problem sections a few times so I’m getting there. Going to be starting Tobira in the next couple of weeks which should hopefully help reinforce some of that grammar I’ve found in the wild and kinda absorbed but not actively studied.

The truly satisfying thing though is that I’ve finally started よつばと!(very late to the party :sweat_smile:) and it’s like I’m just reading in English most of the time, I’m not even having to try and translate much of it in my head. Still a long way off from being able to do that with books and not manga, but it seems like a more achievable goal now!

9 Likes

I levelled up! 160 lessons though… oof. Hopefully I’ve picked up the steam again after my lessons hiatus on level 11 and am able to keep up with the lessons on level 12 without going “ehhhh I’ll just do it tomorrow.”

13 Likes