Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

Finally level 15! A quarter of the way there!

16 Likes

Level 59! I can see the light!

tenor

22 Likes

Level 15. 8 days 7 hours.

17 Likes

go go go! i hope they left some cake for you! :smiley:

6 Likes

Leveled up to 37 after 12 days.
Also hit this WaniKani streak:

Most important recent change in my routine is that I’ve started reading the book (with ABBC club) and now I spend minimum 30 minutes (more like an hour) daily to keep up with club pace. The book is for 2nd graders, and it has large font and very few kanji. Some sentences are nice and easy, some are completely out of my grasp.

17 Likes

Halfway through level 10! I’ll also be hitting 200 days on WK soon!

14 Likes

reading is great! i jumped in at the deep end and started reading やがて君になる with the bookclub, and it’s definitely a grade or two above my current level, but it’s helping so much! and i’m already encountering stuff in my lessons which i first saw in the manga :smiley:

7 Likes

Level 23!! More than a third of the way there. Can’t wait to get to the first observation deck…

14 Likes

Level 17 this morning, can’t wait to reach level 20 and slow down the pace a bit. But for now, full speed ahead!

Good luck everyone!

15 Likes

So far i don’t think the kanjis are too bad. I have seen some of them couple times. But still i don’t think i will level up any time soon.
Edit:(also out of topic) now i feel stupid. I already burned 苦労くろう which means hardship which didn’t make sense to me back then. But turned out i already know it (kinda) ごくろうさま

8 Likes

:cherry_blossom: Level 43 get! :cherry_blossom:

…and, that being said, I’m still not sure if I’m going to rush the fast levels down to 3.5d speed or not. According to wkstats, lvl52 should be enough to cover all the N2 requirements. Which I get perfectly at about end of May with good old 7d speed. Which allow me to smoothly digest all the vocab along the kanjis. Which should be essential for latter’s memorizing as well. Life still refuses to go easy on me with daily chores and I always have ton of new stuff to process after every italki lesson I take, which is great, I think! I love the way my field of studies gradually expands beyond pre-made school-like WK/textbooks environment and I start learning stuff from Japanese in a wild.
Still not sure if I give up an idea to rush fast levels, or just pour another pile of 頑張るses in and get through them all, though.

18 Likes

What anime is your profile from?

4 Likes

Did 35 lessons today. Thought it would be okay to leave 22 left to do tomorrow. Guru’d some more kanji almost immediately afterwards and went up to 44 new lessons. I will most likely be levelling up tomorrow. FML.

How do you speedrunners do it??? I accidentally went a bit too quickly and now I’m super stressed…

11 Likes

Leveled up to 43 ~

It is a fast level, but the pressure is not there yet. The pressure will come after guru-ing Kanji part 1: tons of vocab unlocked + level up (which will be Radical and tons of Kanji again). I don’t know how it’s going to be, but we’ll see.

Although I’ve been using this userscript [Userscript] Keisei 形声 Semantic-Phonetic Composition for long time, but it’s becoming more useful in higher level. It help a lot to simplify kanji reading.

15 Likes

My take is vocab distribution I guess (?). I rarely go beyond 30 lesson per day, except for 1st day after level up (all radical + kanji part 1). The rest of the day (of the week) will be only evenly distributed vocab. Maybe do quiz will help strengthen new item as well BISHBASHBOSH .

Oh and 1 thing, number of lesson per level beyond 15-ish will become steady. Number of radical will be reduced and stay around 5-ish. wkstats . So, for level 1-15 the number of lesson is relatively huge.

Unhelpful suggestion: maybe simply endure the pain :smirk:

8 Likes

Bold of you to assume I’m a masochist. An assumption that is correct, though, as I often manage to get myself into tricky situations like this on accident.

Being serious now, even though I’ll stare at wkstats for hours on end because graphs give me serotonin, I never realized that the amount of lessons evens out. Maybe I will actually endure the pain of this and learn to keep the pace because it’s really about habits, isn’t it? :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Oh yes indeed, once you get the pace it will be steadily increasingly hard. But it’s harder to stop :rofl:

5 Likes

Steady rhythm that doesn’t change much everyday / week.
And of course, the fast levels destroyed that. :stuck_out_tongue: I won’t 0/0 every levels but I’ve accepted that.

10 Likes

:eyes:

Post must be ten characters so I couldn’t just leave the emoji. Seeing as I am here, just want to tell you all that I love you.

16 Likes

Updated my current SRS stats for like the first time in 2 weeks. I can’t wait for like 2 weeks from now when the glut of the masters are gone. Having to do like 250 reviews every 3 days is a pain, when paired with the 50 reviews “normal” days.

12 Likes