Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

Since you quoted Musashi Rose san, did you try “Vagabond” ? While it is a fictionalized account, it is a beautiful manga :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think I’ve narrowed my profile picture choices down to two options, I’ll try to share the URLs or something:
https://images.app.goo.gl/foWLVVBGfYryPwV37
https://images.app.goo.gl/Rb5oNYXmapzo7xVR9
What do you all think? As you can see I like Demon Slayer.

3 Likes

Number 1

2 Likes

Pick the one you like most and remember, you’re not bound to it, you can change anytime.

3 Likes

Always go with Shin Megami Tensei obviously. Specifically Jack Frost. That is my strategy!

3 Likes

That’s a strategy, ヒーホー

3 Likes

Oh yes, I missed many trains on my way to the office because of how absorbed I was in them.

I’d read them all the way up to the point I got to my desk!

If you haven’t read it, and are interested in the real story, I highly recommend The Lone Samurai: The Life of Miyamoto Musashi. It’s a well-researched account, it seems.

I even have a Japanese version of 五輪書「ごりんしょ」…

3 Likes

Level 35!

15 Likes

Awesome :smile:

Cool. I was planning to buy it.

I know sensei took liberties while drawing manga and the famine arc was my favorite

Of course, the Yagyu arc is a treat on its own.

The more you squint your eyes in desperation to see, the more obscured the answer becomes.
-Yagyu

2 Likes

Congrats Sansarret san :slight_smile:

tenor357

5 Likes

I forgive him - but I so wish he would finish the series.

I even sent him an email with ideas on how to finish the arc he left it on lol.

So good!

Woohoo! :partying_face:

4 Likes

I can’t believe how far up I am…I’m level 59 now! :eyes: It’s just a little bit further…:woman_climbing:

16 Likes

That photo is tripping me out, man!

5 Likes

TIL hour
For the entirety my life I was convinced that こづかい was 子使い for obvious reason most times it being used as pocket money in various sources. But actually (life-changing spoiler alert!) it turned to be 小遣い that uses completely different kanjis. Moreover, 小使い has completely different meaning you would never come up with.

What a feeling to know you was 惑われた all this time.

7 Likes

I don’t know neither of them🙃

2 Likes

Level 12, that’s one fifth already done, whew. Still on track, I think.

13 Likes

You know what I’m in it will be tough but I think a year and some change is possible.

8 Likes

Hey you even flamed on “cottage”, and as an English person I’m not offended at all despite having several near my house :stuck_out_tongue:

I get your frustrations, honestly I’ve never used the word ‘admonish’ in my life, and barely heard it used in my lifetime.

2 Likes

TBH the only word I never encountered was "ford’ which for me was only the brand. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thanks.
On the good side though i know 5~6 kanji from this level already. Haven’t done their lesson yet.

1 Like