Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

Alright I’m joining the climb. Level 60 by spring 2022 seems a bit…ambitious but I’m nothing if not optimistic!

13 Likes

I would love to take a look at your study schedule for some tips :eyes:

At the end of this month, I’m going to be creating my new schedule for the year so I need all the inspiration I can get if you have the time/inclination to share. I know I have asked a lot of you already in the ‘parents’ thread so tell me to go away if I am using your valuable time :slight_smile:

Welcome!

9 Likes

15 posts away from 2021th post :grinning:

8 Likes

I’m getting there, slowly climbing levels despite not being fully into wanikani for the past couple of weeks due to other commitments. But I’m enjoying seeing the progress of myself and others. Going to try to up my game a bit, but there’s no way I can reach the speed of some of you… I don’t know how you ca do it!! My brain seems to melt :laughing:

11 Likes

welcome!

it’s ambitious, yes. but it’s almost 2 days more per level than the speedrunners, so it kind of seems achievable? i hope to see you climb up alongside me!

8 Likes

That is amazing!
May I ask you, what tool did you use to visualize your streaks?

6 Likes

This is from WK allstar @Kumirei

8 Likes

I made it to level 6 in the for me very fast pace of 7 days 4 hours… I have to use the last of my free time before my fulltime job starts again :muscle:

It was a crunch since I also did start to take grammar studies a little more serious, which means I finally finished Genki Chapter 3 (that includes the textbook exercises). I will do the extra workbook exercises as revision tomorrow though.

14 Likes

I’m in the 20’s now! :smile: Last level before :sparkles:death :sparkles:

14 Likes

Hmmm that’s true I guess what you’re saying is that we need to be more ambitious then - Level 60 by 2022 it is!

5 Likes

Found this through @MegaZeroX ‘s level 60 thread!

I’ve taken some long breaks from WK in the past which led me to reset a few times (farthest I ever got was lvl21). At my current speed it looks like I’ll be able to hit level 60 by May of next year, but I know how life can get in the way, so it’ll def be a challenge. At the same time it feels really motivating! Excited to try this with y’all😁

17 Likes

that’s not just fast for you, that’s fast for almost everybody!

8 Likes

Welcome back, we’re happy to race you :grin:

I am off work currently, so that’s the only reason why it was possible :joy: I won’t be able to go as fast as soon as I start to work full time again (but at the same time I don’t want to waste the free time I have now)

7 Likes

And with 湧, I have just finished my last ever kanji lesson! :partying_face:

20 Likes

How are you feeling about that? :eyes: Happy. Sad. Or a mix perhaps?

4 Likes

I’ve managed to climb my way up another level! :partying_face:

I’ve already started in on the lv 57 lessons. I can now finally read 海賊 かいぞく! :sailboat: :pirate_flag: :grin:

15 Likes

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Happy for my WK reviews to be on the downward slope haha.

11 Likes

A mix for me, like how I felt when I moved out of my parent’s house.

Happy to be free to route my own course but I loved being with my parents while I was there.

It’s a c l i m b

7 Likes

A shout from the level 60 top called out way down to me

I stand corrected and shall climb :triumph: :person_climbing:

10 Likes