Let's climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in spring 2022

@MegaZeroX @Joeni @RachelG mystery solved. The png used has an alpha channel that is messed by any dark theme.
As I use mainly light theme I did not thought of checking that before.

Shinobu might lose her tan by tomorrow!

For your curiosity, the croped source image:

2 Likes

What is your avatar from btw?

1 Like

That’s Shinobu from the Monogatari series.

1 Like

Huh, having a series be called literally “story” is amusing to me. Thanks!

1 Like

Glad you were able to solve it!

2 Likes

They never went through with that.

Kumi and their wisdom confirmed the intervals I mentioned:

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be the other way around? Reviews are scheduled for the top of the hour, right? So if you do a lesson at 00:59, the first review will be scheduled for 04:00? If you do a lesson at 00:01 you’ll have to wait the full 4 hours (or 2 hours in the case of the first levels)

The problem was that I finished my starting lessons at the beginning of the next hour, so in the example I started lessons at 00:50, finished them at 01:10, then thus got reviews at both 02:00 and 03:00, which carried on, so I spent an extra hour on the radicals.

For the normal apprentice levels. But I’m 90% sure I remember @viet saying that they went through with it for the guru+ levels.

1 Like

Makes sense

2 Likes

They were planning to, but then the community backlashed on that because of that -1h being useful to not let reviews go later in the evening, etc.

You can see that Viet himself edited the announcement and posted the following:

Yes but AFAIK that didn’t include the Guru+ levels, just the apprentice ones since people wanted to preserve those.

1 Like

https://docs.api.wanikani.com/20170710/#get-all-spaced-repetition-systems

"interval": 601200,
            "position": 5,
            "interval_unit": "seconds"
          },
          {
            "interval": 1206000,
            "position": 6,
          },
          {
            "interval": 2588400,
            "position": 7,
          },
          {
            "interval": 10364400,
            "position": 8,
          },

For Stage 5, 601200 seconds is 127 hours and 1 week is 128, so if that’s correct they’ve kept it for every stage. The original post was also about all the SRS stages.

2 Likes

Huh. Still, the point stands about the fast 23 hour used to be 24 within the post year

1 Like

Ay!!!
Crawled up to floor 16
:caught_durtling: :crabigator: :durtjovahs_witness: :durtle: :durtle_cat: :durtle_durtverted_lvl1: :durtle_durverted_lvl2: :durtle_hello: :durtle_love: :durtle_megane: :durtle_noice: :durtle_officer: :durtle_stabby: :durtle_the_explorer: :durtle_tomato: :durtle_vin: :durtle_yellow_rodent: :high_touch: :tofugu:

8 Likes

Yay! Onwards and upwards!

3 Likes

I can’t help but think of the 金玉 etymology when I see your username! Congrats on the level-up.

1 Like

Joining here a bit late.
:sweat_smile:
I wrote a note so I can go back to this but never got around to doing it until today. :sweat:

Anyway, glad to be climbing the Tokyo Skytree with everyone here!
:nerd_face::steam_locomotive:
let’s keep chugging along until we reach the top!

10 Likes

So close to making it past the first 10! I hit level 9 a couple of days ago, but due to some natural disasters in Oregon, United States I haven’t been able to do any reviews or lessons until today :frowning: I’m ready to get back on my pace though

9 Likes

I know :slightly_frowning_face: the PNW is hurting right now
:sob:

:nerd_face::steam_locomotive:
keep chugging along and you will hit 10 in no time! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Leveled up to 23 after 13 days and 23 hours. Also i am 4 away from 1000 burns🔥

6 Likes