Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

Who needs sleep, research progress, or video games when you can level up 2 hours quicker in WK?

4 Likes

I need sleep :sob:

2 Likes

Same here need for sleep… Jealous so much to these extra 4h you save every level. For me, I can only consider them as a way to balance schedule misses. Intentional or not.
Barely can imagine living with schedule moving -4h every week. :scream:

2 Likes

I missed one review, which means that I’ll level up 2 days later than expected. Bah… on the other hand, I have too many apprentice items as it is, so it’s probably for the best in the long run.

Love it! It even looks like Tokyo Skytree!!! Thank you!

4 Likes

Never been to Japan, no idea why I’m learning Japanese but lets do this!

hopefully I can do 1 per week or so… yet level 2 is probably nothing compared to level 60 :sweat:

10 Likes

\textcolor{pink}{\huge \textsf{WELCOME! ^-^}}
@Silverwarriorin

welcome gif - crabigator

Take the time to check out the FAQ and GUIDE if you haven’t already.

There’s also a lot of good stuff on the forum to help you, like:

The Ultimate Guide for WK
The Ultimate Additional Japanese Resources List!
The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps

I hope your Japanese learning journey goes well and that you enjoy your time with us on the forums.

—————————————————————————

Nice to have you on board! I think a lot of us are just leaning Japanese because we want to, like the culture, the media, the country, or a hundred other reasons. Don’t worry too much about the why and just enjoy the journey ^-^

3 Likes

common word which sound a bit similar is переживать to worry, example “Не переживай!” (Don’t worry!)

3 Likes

When I went to the Skytree, I didn’t know I needed a reservation, so when I got there, it was all booked up and I wasn’t able to ascend a single floor :joy: I enjoyed the gift shop at the bottom. Every level up I make on WK is a step beyond that gift shop! :muscle:

8 Likes

Level 18! Slowly climbing.

I didn’t know that either. Thanks for telling me! I hope you get to go back some day and go to the top. Maybe the same day that you get to the top here?!

2 Likes

Ouch, that hurts.
So it’s the same as Eiffel Tower?
Back then on my trip in Paris I just didn’t have enough time to take a queue (even with reservation) so I just gave up on climbing there.
Regarding Skytree… will think about it, so thank you for warning regarding reservation issues - didn’t know it as well.

2 Likes

What a cute idea! Maybe by the time I get there, we’ll actually be allowed to travel again :joy:

As for the reservation, it may depend on what time you go. I think I was there during Golden Week, so it was especially busy with Japanese tourists. It’s possible that you can get a walk-in ticket during less busy periods, but always better to be safe than sorry if it’s an important destination for you!

4 Likes

Is it that important? :wink:

\textcolor{pink}{\huge \textsf{LEVEL UP!}}
After 61 days on level 13, I’m finally climbing the tower agian!

11 Likes

Wait did the colors in your avatar suddenly change or is WK destroying my non-Japanese memory?

Is it possible to actually climb Tokyo Skytree? I mean, are there stairs that the public can climb? As that would be something cool to do, though I guess there isnt. In the meantime, Im gonna smash Wanikani next year and I`ll meet you guys at the top for some crabinator consommé! Good luck guys!

2 Likes

Yes! At least some of the way.

That’s Tokyo Tower, not Skytree…

Here’s the website for Skytree - as far as I can see it is elevator-only for the public. (see Joeni’s comment below, excerpted from this blog)

I found this:

The first observation deck sits at 350 metres above ground and can be reached in 50 seconds via a glass-ceilinged elevator. The second deck, which features a dizzying glass floor, is a further 30 seconds away at 450 metres high. And there’s always the emergency staircase – all 2,523 steps of it – if you’re feeling particularly energetic.

3 Likes

You have excellent sleuthing skills!

2 Likes

The Google-Fu is strong in me.

3 Likes