Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

I reached level 20 today! Still need to finish it to move on to the “Death” levels, but just reaching it is nice in itself :laughing: I’ve been doing pretty good these last levels, except for my awful sleep schedule causing me to delay some reviews to the next day haha. I don’t really do a set number of daily lessons anymore. I’ll still usually do 20 lessons, but if I feel like doing less for whatever reason then that’s okay. Overall I feel like my retention these last few levels has been pretty good though.

Review Heatmap (Streak: 125)

Lesson Heatmap (Streak: 82)

Workload Graph

WK Stats Level-Up

WK Stats Dashboard

15 Likes

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:oopsies i took another break!! reset back to level 14, and lets hope i don’t get too stressed with managing school and japanese!

10 Likes

I fell completely off track these past weeks; I didn’t think of using the vacation mode, left to go to my sister’s 3 days engagement celebration and… came back to 400+ reviews. It somehow hit me so hard that I didn’t find it in me to do more than a dozen reviews a day, if any, and after a nice streak of about 7 days per level, this one took me about 20 to reach (with most of the work happening this weekend). I have been using WaniKani for about 112 days now, including June when I registered and nearly didn’t use it at all, and this month. It’s difficult to not feel bad about this, but I’m just glad I’m back on tracks and ready to leave the Pleasants!

No matter how long it’ll take… level 60 and Tokyo SkyTree, here I come (again)! :tada:

12 Likes

Shameless Level Up Post! Am I on an observation deck?

13 Likes

I loved this idea. But seriously… how you guys manage to achieve high levels THAT fast?? I struggle to get from one level to another in on whole month :cold_face:

9 Likes
10 Likes

Kinda of an update😁:
Didn’t level up yet. Level 42 is much much more pleasant to me than what intially thought🙂. Maybe because i got rid of some of my leeches last level🧐.
I am getting close to 4500 burns. Not sure when i can expect myself to level up tbh.

11 Likes

You are! You’re on the first observation deck! Congratulations. :smiley: :confetti_ball: :tada: :confetti_ball: :smiley:

7 Likes

Aaah I feel you! School gets really intense at times and you get very little energy to do WaniKani when you get home. Take it slow, you’re doing great :sparkles:

6 Likes

Made it to the first observation deck!
I haven’t managed to keep up the pace with lessons every day, but I’ve been able to stay on top of my reviews. Here’s hoping I keep it that way! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

13 Likes

Yehyowch! This is what I get for forgetting about vacation mode when I go on a literal vacation…

10 Likes

Finally put my name down after lurking this thread for a year. Lv60 by Spring was a low-key goal, but its official now! If I’d been thinking about this board maybe Lv 40 wouldn’t have taken 55 days :frowning:. At current 12-13 days pace I get there some time in May, or early June at worst, but I’m hoping the late game fast levels will help with that. Lv43 could be a 7 day level!

10 Likes

Looks like I hadn’t updated in a long time… 39 → 49. I’ve definitely slowed down, but probably in a good way. I needed to slow down on Kanji and add some language class into the mix. It looks like I’ll get to level 60 in a little over 2 years from starting, which is a pleasant surprise.

9 Likes

@KyokaJiro ひさしぶり キョカジロ
How’s the level up hope it is going good.

5 Likes

I try not to think about it too much and just absorb :joy:. Sometimes it goes in, sometimes it doesn’t. Also, harness the spacetime role of toilet breaks :joy:.

7 Likes

Agreed I just do 15 items a day and know that eventually I will get to level 60.

SOME DAY

6 Likes

Hi Kuuru san :wave:

It is going well. Maybe one more week before I level up.

Been reading a few light novels (in English) and rereading the Kyojuro arcs in KnY. :grin:

How about you?

4 Likes

Congrats! What an achievement :confetti_ball:

5 Likes

「それはよかった」きょうじろ れんごく

「うまい」
It is been going good. Not sure when the level up but definitely not like my last level😂.

4 Likes

Congrats to @sansarret , @stay_coolxd , & @rowena on your level ups!

I hit level 50 earlier this week.

C:。ミ

9 Likes