Let's climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in spring 2022

Ooh I see that @Ptscan started in 2014. Did they reset? If so is it a level 60 second rounder, a lower level reset after too long of a break? Or someone who technically joined but only really started recently?

Either way, good luck!

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’m in! I cannot edit the post and have no clue about what to put in speed, but this is very motivating! I hope to actually visit the Skytree if by 2022 Corona is no longer a thing and I have reached level 60!

8 Likes

Do you see the “Edit” icon at the bottom right of the post?
Click on it and add yourself (with the constructions above) on the very bottom.

Edit: I forgot about the discourse trust levels. As @_ishi has pointed out you need to stick around for a bit, after that you can follow these instructions to add yourself.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community!

You will get the opportunity to edit wiki posts once you receive “Basic” status on Forums. For that you need to reach trust level 1, which has these requirements:

Get to trust level 1 by…

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

You can read more here: Understanding Discourse Trust Levels

As for the speed, this is how many days you plan to spend on one level. Right now you should just focus on going trough your free levels to determine which speed is comfortable for you, I think. I myself spend about 8-10 days on one level right now.

7 Likes

\textcolor{pink}{\huge \textsf{WELCOME! ^-^}}

welcome

Take the time to check out the FAQ and GUIDE if you haven’t already.

There’s also a lot of good stuff on the forum to help you, like:
The Ultimate Additional Japanese Resources List!
The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps

I hope your Japanese learning journey goes well and that you enjoy your time with us on the forums.

8 Likes

I’ll be honest, I am always bugged by the fact she isn’t saying いらっしゃいませ.

2 Likes

You’re right, it makes it somewhat redundant putting ‘welcome’ at the top, hmmm.

I’m no GIF editor, but I’ll see what I can do :smiley:

1 Like

How’d you like it now @MegaZeroX?

2 Likes

That’s amazing! I guess that means you made it yourself! I love it!

1 Like

Nooo, I can’t take credit, alas! I believe the original animator goes by Jin on GIPHY, but it’s always very hard to tell if they’re the OC or not.

I’m not an animator, but I do know enough photoshop that I can edit frame by frame, so I just brushed out the old text, found a nice hiragana font, and dropped it in frame by frame. Thankfully it’s only 20 frames long and only half of those have text in. It’s a bit jankier than I’d like, because of the changing size of the balloon, but que sera, hehe

Thank you though ^=^

2 Likes

Level 13, one step at a time :running_man:

9 Likes

Disgusting.

It should say レベルアップした

5 Likes

That script is amazing. :joy:

Also, congrats on the level up! :tada:

4 Likes

Leveled up a few days ago. Just updating now. yay.

9 Likes

Annotation 2020-08-29 191210

It took me 14 days even, the shortest since lvl 20, and this speed is what I would like to maintain to reach 60 with this group.

11 Likes

You… are all smashing it…

4 Likes

Congrats, @Rowena and @hasturman! It’s so inspiring to see your level-ups!

2 Likes

Hello again and sorry for delay, but I made some use of it and… I’m lvl 13 now. :sweat_smile: It took some efforts though, but seems like I finally managed to cut my time/lvl down to it’s lowest possible limit of 7d: :thinking:

now will see if I manage to keep this pace on :fist:

Great to know there is somebody else who shares the same goals around! I’ve read your message below and share the same passion towards Japan (never been there, though…), so let’s お互い頑張りましょう from now on :fist:
Seen your promotion snap as well. It’s seem not updated on forum status yet, but congrats anyways!

Most difficult part of my new schedule is I have to wake up early morning for some days now. This 4h + 8h = 12h gap for first 2 Apprentice levels is pretty tough thing of inconvenience to deal with :thinking:

8 Likes

Hello again and sorry for delay too :sweat_smile: 7days/level schedule turned to be quite tough, after all

For me, it’s rather Japan itself: it’s beautiful nature, old and modern culture and polite people. From the very childhood I seen it as paradise for me. So after leaving last job where I managed to save some money, I figured out the time has come to grasp own chance. Not to mention there is certain company in Japan leading it’s industry I dream to get into… But this dream is just too big to come true, so I just keep it for rather guiding star purposes not to be disappointed too much on bad odds.

5 Likes