Let's climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in spring 2022

Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Are you using Tampermonkey? If so you can get a list of your scripts by going to its dashboard. Other scripts manager probably have a similar features but I don’t know them.

dashboard

3 Likes

I mean I could sign up for this but I will probably hit level 60 more like in spring 2021. If you mean spring 2022 then I will probably learn Chinese Traditional + Simplified by then

1 Like

Oh yes, I’m using Tampermonkey. Turns out I’ve installed 36 scripts :sweat_smile: some of them disabled.

4 Likes

how did u change ur profil picture in the program itshelf?

I never changed it :sweat_smile: I tried to create account on gravatar.com with the same email (it’s new account tho), and somehow my gravatar is there!

I think there are more detailed answers here (SOLVED) How do I use Gravatar to change avatar on WaniKani? (SOLVED)

1 Like

Level 27!

I usually do 3 kanji a day + vocab but this last level I tried out doing 4 kanji a day and leveled up a little bit faster than 2 weeks. But still want to maintain that pace anyways so I won’t be starting the next level until Monday. This feels manageable still but we’ll see if I can keep it up! I do like getting the extra days to spread out and focus on vocab only before starting up the next level’s lessons.

10 Likes

Level 15 (after 22 days). 14 took me quite long but I am glad that I am progressing

7 Likes

Yay!

Perfect!

Level 17 here. 16 went faster than expected so I have a lot of vocab left over. 17 will probably take 12-14 days, but that’s OK. I’ll still reach 21 before the end of the year!

6 Likes

Level 9. climbing climbing climbing.

7 Likes

Always onwards and upwards!

4 Likes

Right on!!!

2 Likes

Although, Issa said:
蝸牛、
そろそろ登れ
富士の山
So I guess we should take it slower…

1 Like

Oh man, I hope I can keep my pace up. I added myself about a week or so ago and got from level 5 to level 6 and then life got me really busy and I haven’t even gotten started on my new lessons for level 6. Going to tackle my reviews and settle those down then hope I can get a good pace going with the lessons (78 right now…)

ganbatte kudasai, mina-san!

5 Likes

上る、登る、昇る、:)

4 Likes

Fixed the table for Levels 1-10, there was an empty line that screwed the formatting of the table’s last section.

I just leveled up to Level 31, which means I’m now half way up. The view is breathtaking already! :exploding_head: It’s incredible how far you can get when you just keep doing one step a day. Just gotta keep moving forward, no matter what’s your speed.

I heard the next ten stories are like hell, so let’s see how that goes. :athletic_shoe: :athletic_shoe:

8 Likes

My goal is quite bold, perhaps - I dream to move work in Japan. So now I’m trying to manage my lessons schedule to make it 7 days/level. This way, it should take ~next year Aug/Sep to reach the :cake: from my current 12 lvl.
So, with good odds I hope I could celebrate Skytree anniversary on it’s place, like, literally. Thank you for advicing about it.
Not to mention, I should clear lvl 60 by that time… or so I hope.

10 Likes

Welcome onboard @username21!
What a coincidence to have a company with very similar condition :laughing: same goal working on Japan, same current level, same pace target 7 days/level (I’m grinding my pace from 25 days/level to almost 7 days/level in past 2 months, so I think it’s doable).

Learning new language is year+ project, so it’s good to have motivation and reminder :smiley:
頑張ってね!

5 Likes

Hi @username21 & @koro-san - nice to meet you.

I am interested - what is it about working in Japan that draws you in?

3 Likes

I’m throwing my name on the list!

I reset from 8 to 1 in late 2019 and got back to 11 by June this year, because I took a seven month unplanned break (without engaging vacation mode), but am still on 13, because I’ve been slacking.

Hopefully seeing my name there will keep me somewhat motivated to do my reviews on time and not let them pile up again, along with keeping my study log up to date.

9 Likes