Let's climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in spring 2022

Draw 2 cards

4 Likes

Ah yes thank you!

3 Likes

Still on level 22. Been here for 2 months. Before that, I spent 2 months on level 21. Sigh…

But going slow is my only option now. I do not, DO NOT want to reset. No lessons since the middle of February, working on leeches, it’s just the way it has to be. On the positive side, I have ENLIGHTENED elements from the level that I’m currently on. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Not sure, but I sure don’t want to lose those enlightened items by resetting down!

23 Likes

level 13 is mine! :smiley:

9 days 10 hour for level 12. would like to be going a little faster, but that’s still 20 lessons per day, i’m okay with that. i’ve also added kamesame into the mix (the WK items in reverse), and am reading almost every day. all in all i feel like my accuracy in reviews has gone back up again, hitting 90% several times, that’s also cool.

it’s an excellent feeling when you’re reading and come across a word you learned just that day <3

@Marifly there is no shame in going slow. i’ve said it before, this isn’t a marathon, this is a walk around the world. pauses, detours and breaks are to be expected ^^

18 Likes

Level 20!

Took me 8 months, and at this pace finishing should take me at least 2 years, a little behind schedule but this feels like a good pace. Not overloading myself as pandemic makes me feel emptier than ever, and being in a tropical country, summer heat just takes all my energy away.

15 Likes

\textcolor{pink}{\huge \textsf{WELCOME! ^-^}}

@hipo

welcome gif - crabigator

Take the time to check out the FAQ and GUIDE if you haven’t already.

There’s also a lot of good stuff on the forum to help you, like:

The Ultimate Guide for WK
The Ultimate Additional Japanese Resource List
The New and Improved List of API and Third-Party Apps

I hope your Japanese learning journey goes well and that you enjoy your time with us on the forums.

10 Likes

Whenever 体力 came up in my reviews, I would without fail type in strength. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. So I added that as a user synonym, and I haven’t typed it in since. Now I only type in the actual definitions WaniKani gives. Has this happened to anyone else or am I kinda crazy for thinking this is a good strategy for my leeches lol

9 Likes

Adding synonyms has a similar effect for me. Whenever I add a synonym, I still try to make sure to answer it the way it’s presented by WaniKani and that’s generally how I remember it. But I think it only works if I use it sparingly since it’s memorable the few times I do it. I doubt it would work as well if I spammed it for every vocab that gave me trouble.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve only done it a couple of times for those things that refuse to stick in my head after a considerable amount of time (like 体力, just added that synonym this week), but the few times I have done that, this has always happened.

5 Likes

Happens to me all the time. As soon as I add a synonym WKs answer suddenly becomes my default. It’s weird.

7 Likes

same for me. add a synonym, never forget the correct answer

i think it’s got to do with context. by thinking about it hard enough that you go and add a synonym, you’ve made a lot of extra connections in the brain, so that it’s much easier to remember ^^

8 Likes

So, synonyms are like umbrellas then: If you have one with you, there will not be a single drop anywhere within a mile, but when you don’t you’ll be sure to be rained upon majorly. :duck:

8 Likes

Thank you! These resources look invaluable and the forums look like fun.

5 Likes

:cherry_blossom: Level 47 get! 3.5day/lvl :cherry_blossom:

What an unusual feeling to be alone on a new level… with anybody else being only 2 levels above (hey, mweibel!). I was all just like “so… lvl 47, 47… 47… wait, where is it?”. Feels so empty, almost making it an space flavor. Guess, this is what air feels like in high mountains?

20 Likes

I just hit 200 000 total reviews :open_mouth:

23 Likes

Just realised Level 45 isn’t a short level- Thank God. Really needed to catch up with my vocabulary from previous levels.

15 Likes

85 vocab lessons to do and a level up in about a day or so… wish me luck!

12 Likes

Sorry but not for long time :joy:

Hey now we met each other @whinette @username21 ~

10 Likes

Why do I see this thread just now?

11 Likes

If you weren’t so darn accurate, you could have hit that ages ago. :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes