Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

Up to level 52! Just 4 weeks to go now. :triumph:

Also, I read the book Make It Stick: The Science of Successful Learning recently. It’s prompted me to really take the time to remember items I think I’ve forgotten in my reviews instead of failing straight away. Even if I’m still not able to get it with the extra time, it creates a stronger memory when I do reveal the answer. My accuracy is slowly climbing up again.

22 Likes

I honestly doubt I’ll achieve level 60 in a year since I tend to level up pretty slowly, but still, I want to see how far I can climb! 頑張りましょうね!

13 Likes

It’s amazing to see so many people reaching the final half/quarter of the WaniKani journey, and also those who were no higher than level 5 the last time I checked now reaching levels 10 and above.

Really strong efforts all around, and hopefully you’re all taking advantage of being indoors if this applies to you.

It won’t be long before everyone in here is level 60 for sure.

@NirDafnai welcome back! It’s a big achievement to come back after a long break (or, a long break by your standards, anyway!) I respect it, sir.

18 Likes

There is no rush. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

For sure! Whenever I try to go faster I just end up burning out and spend way too long on the next level, so I’ve just accepted my speed is slower than average. Nothing wrong with that, as long as I keep progressing! :running_man: steady does it~

8 Likes

Give me a minute… :sweat: I’m so exhausted…

from writing this Level 60 post waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

as

23 Likes

ワープスピードアクティベート、いきましょう!

8 Likes

we are all doing our best Rose-sama to join you at the top of the tree!

4 Likes

Made it to level 13 yesterday :tada:

17 Likes

Level 8! Slowly, but surely getting closer to those observation decks!

16 Likes

I’m joining in ! I joined WK less than a week ago so I’m hoping for 60 by this time next year.
Also, how do you find your level speed ?

11 Likes

www.wkstats.com is your friend. You’ll ned an API Token (read-only for everything is fine for this purpose) and you’re good to go.

5 Likes

I believe in you!

Enter an API token into WK Stats and you’re all set :wink: [edit: Leebo’d]

5 Likes

level 16 bbbyyyyyyyyyy
and i am so tired lmao. finals coming up with university, hopefully i don’t start slipping lmao

9 Likes

@KyokaJiro how is level 35 with you?
I might join you in couple days

Edit: actually maybe tomorrow :rofl:

7 Likes

Awesome :+1:

I have been traveling due to personal matters and am barely able to do reviews :sweat_smile: This is going to be a loooong level.

I barely touched L35 :stuck_out_tongue: I have been trying to clear L34 vocab.

7 Likes

Level 14! And right on time too! I can’t believe I’m almost a quarter of the way through WaniKani already

14 Likes

I see that’s awesome horrible to hear .
Hope you finish your stuff and come back to us. you didn’t leave though👀
無理しないでください🤣

5 Likes

Woots! Just got on Level 11! :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles:

12 Likes

I am not sure if I am the kind to comeback 2 years later and complete this :stuck_out_tongue:

So, no matter how hard it gets I will do at least 1 review a day and complete this part of the journey :slight_smile:

That said, my current condition is no where near as bad. I do not have the mental bandwidth for lessons at the moment, I am still averaging around 150-180+ reviews per day. I will probably double the time for this level :joy:

I am not too worried about my Kanji. My grammar on the other hand :upside_down_face:

I also need to save my 0/0 streak :eyes:

5 Likes