Let's climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in spring 2022

TBH the only word I never encountered was "ford’ which for me was only the brand. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thanks.
On the good side though i know 5~6 kanji from this level already. Haven’t done their lesson yet.

1 Like

:+1: hang in there. Sorry for my tone too, I’m a bit stressed out.

3 Likes

No worry. I forgive you🙂
It is kinda my bad too.

3 Likes

Wow, I never thought of that :joy:

You can add synonyms or mark it as correct answer. The goal is to learn the meaning and not the exact word used by WK :slight_smile:

I am still frustrated by a few words and it used to piss me of a bit in the past. But, I don’t mind too much about it these days, If I can’t remember 100 or 200 words out of 6000 JP words , I can live with that :wink: At the end of the day, the goal is to read/speak Japanese and WK is a milestone in that process not the end goal. Once we read enough material, our recall will automatically improve. I think having that perspective may help us with handling our frustrations better. :grin:

6 Likes

Genki II Study Buddies begins today! Hop on over to the WK page or head straight to the Discord server to join :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks.
How can you read a post i already deleted🤔

4 Likes

I have the same question.

Milestone achieved: more items waiting to be burned than items not already reviewed once!

8 Likes

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I like stats
And I hope you too:

a

The second month of 2021, also known as February in some cultures, has passed and 82 new climbers have joined us. Welcome, welcome!

We’re now at a total of 643 climbers and I begin to wonder: How many active WK users are there? I don’t have a clue but this thread must unite a large share of them. Soon we will be able to overtake all of WaniKani :smiling_imp:

Oh, and some first climbers already reached the top. But one year too early! You were supposed to reach the top in spring 2022, people! Read the topic of the thread! :unamused: :grin:
No, seriously, you’re awesome :+1:

And the animated gif of course:

wk_skytree

23 Likes

Just tap on that orange pencil.

6 Likes

Damn, stumbled at the final hurdle!

I thought we did already? We already broke the world record, after all! ‘we’ lol

さいこう!

Don’t worry, we shall be waiting for you! ‘we’ lol No man, woman or child is to be left behind.

5 Likes

10 Likes

I know, I’m a master of rhymes.

8 Likes

The last climb does so fast! These fast levels.
I won’t manage to increase my workload. Unless I abandon my 0 lesson 0 review streak before levelin up (by that I mean having a tray of vocab lesson that I’ll clear up later).
Don’t know what to do.
What to do, what to do.

6 Likes

If you can’t handle fast levels, just take your time. I’ve been trying to go fast too when the fast levels began. The fastest I got was something like 5 days, but since you just get dumped with vocab lessons after a level up, doing all those lessons at once felt like a chore to me and I couldn’t remember half of them at the next review. I hated it. I rather take my time and go at a steady pace. If you learn 10 kanji per day (and can remember them well), you still get a level up every 8 days or so. Later levels have only one radical and one kanji for that, so you are even allowed to make some mistakes for 2-3 kanji without it setting you back.
That said, I’m sure one can just ignore vocab lessons and the like, but I refuse to use black magic (some call them reorder scripts).

8 Likes

Right now my plan is to do as nothing changed:

• On level up, do radical + 1/3 of the kanji. Complete with vocab until 21 (or 24) lessons are reached
  • Day 2: 1/3 of kanji, pad in vocab until 21 or 24 lessons
  • Day 3: rise and repeat
  • Day 4: morning, the last few vocab lessons. Afternoon, guru the radical & kanji, learn kanji, pad in vocab.

But this schedule will makes impossible to clear up the vocab by day 4, or so I think.
I’ll think about it.

4 Likes

Come to the dark side, my son.

5 Likes

Which one?

1 Like

Top right, nearby our handles:

5 Likes

Why is this even a thing :slightly_smiling_face:. If they still can read it anyways :rofl:

3 Likes