Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

Sometimes it helps to do reviews in small batches (less than 30 items) using the wrap-up button. Another slowdown strategy is recite to yourself the meaning and reading in your head before typing the answer. Good luck with your studies!

7 Likes

For 一文字 two things helped me a lot:

1. Lord Ichimonji from 乱 [らん] by Akira Kurosawa (which shares similar sentiments to Raging Bull - but instead of a single person charging in a straight line, it is all of humanity. A must watch if you haven’t!)
  2. The Ichimonji move from Sekiro (striking in a straight line)
9 Likes

I was playing Sekiro when I learned this word. Easiest mnemonic ever. :partying_face:

6 Likes

OK, level 49! No more slow levels! I finally am able to remove “6.8 days” from my leveling time.

12 Likes

I just encountered the first word that’s nearly impossible for me to pronounce. 写す. I feel like I’m gonna choke on my tongue whenever I attempt to say that.

4 Likes

:cherry_blossom: Level 32 get! :cherry_blossom:

You know what? There are 3 good news this time.

• I managed to secure my 0/0 streak despite all the NY family celebrations, clearing yesterday 91 lesson
  • Oh boy, level 32 means I finally joined the “Advanced 20+ levels since joining the climb” club! Should admit, this is incredibly encouraging to share own and see other’s achievements! Last summer sitting in the beginning of 10s lvls I was totally out of clue regarding the way I could deal with all these kanjis and vocabs and the way ahead was looking soooooo super-long (look at the chart below and try to imagine my feelings back then, by covering the lv12+ tail with your palm). Yet, now it’s just half left and I mostly concerned about my after-WK-life, since weekly promotion become already a regular routine. Thank you all dear 皆様 around and hope you have a pleasant climb as well! :star2:
  • Purple background for level mark on forum. WK :purple_heart: Forever

20 Likes

I’ve just reached level 37! :tada:

But echoing what other people have said, my accuracy is starting to slip and in turn, my leeches are creeping up. I think it’s because I have been adjusting to being back at work - I had such a nice Christmas break where I could solely focus on Japanese. This past week, I haven’t been able to keep up with any reading to cement the kanji and vocab I am learning. :pensive:

Below 99% overall accuracy now! I’m aware this is still really high in the grand scheme of things but it was 99.4% not too long ago. I’m also consistently getting 90 - 95% accuracy after each of my review sessions so definitely going to fall a lot further.

17 Likes

Man, seeing even close to 99% accuracy has me jealous haha. My vocabulary accuracy has dipped below 95% (94.86%)

9 Likes

Dude, that’s like an incredible accuracy, to echo what @MegaZeroX said.

My vocabulary “meaning” accuracy is just slightly above 90%!

9 Likes

Here we go with first level up in 2021 (and couple of other little, but no less pleasant milestones)!

I took level 16. With this one I’ll close JLPT N5 kanji!
This level up took just about 9 days, which is a pretty comfortable pace for me and I’ll try keeping it.
Reached 100 Burned turtles!
I’m finally doing some progress in keeping streak, even if 10 days is not much. After a very chaotic December it’s… something.

Снимок экрана 2021-01-09 180549

13 Likes

Is it just me or did the first post get duplicated? Looks like there’s the table twice now.

1 Like

So I booked a japanese teacher for 3 months in advance on italki.

Every Tuesday at 9AM I have one hour of class. Gonna do that until the end of the year.

We chat for 30 minutes and then practice grammar for the rest of the lesson.

Time for some serious habit building outside of WK. The more commitment the better. Putting down my hard earned money is a great motivator.

13 Likes

I think I will also do some italki lessons once I finish wanikani.

Leveled up to level 48 today just 12 more levels. Of course I will continue to study kanji after I finish wanikani but I will spend more time writing them by hand.

9 Likes

woah woah woah what just happened

woah

First time in months I had a flawless session that was not just five items. :star_struck:

14 Likes

Its tricky to pronounce! But quite rarely used in its plain form I guess… 写した etc. is much easier to say

I always get stuck on pronouncing 片付け・かたづけtidying up

3 Likes

Any recommendations for using italki?

2 Likes

Surprised i made it through CP2077 and my recent RimWorld addiction without problems.

5 Likes

In what respect? Glad to help.

2 Likes

That’s 1/3 of the way. Only 40 more levels to go. :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

Thinking of things, it’s interesting to see to how amount of people gets lower from section to section (1-10, 11-19 etc).
How many of us will stay strong until the very end? I hope all of us will, but time will show, I suppose. :)

7 Likes