Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

Man, seeing even close to 99% accuracy has me jealous haha. My vocabulary accuracy has dipped below 95% (94.86%)

9 Likes

Dude, that’s like an incredible accuracy, to echo what @MegaZeroX said.

My vocabulary “meaning” accuracy is just slightly above 90%!

9 Likes

Here we go with first level up in 2021 (and couple of other little, but no less pleasant milestones)!

I took level 16. With this one I’ll close JLPT N5 kanji!
This level up took just about 9 days, which is a pretty comfortable pace for me and I’ll try keeping it.
Reached 100 Burned turtles!
I’m finally doing some progress in keeping streak, even if 10 days is not much. After a very chaotic December it’s… something.

Снимок экрана 2021-01-09 180549

13 Likes

Is it just me or did the first post get duplicated? Looks like there’s the table twice now.

1 Like

So I booked a japanese teacher for 3 months in advance on italki.

Every Tuesday at 9AM I have one hour of class. Gonna do that until the end of the year.

We chat for 30 minutes and then practice grammar for the rest of the lesson.

Time for some serious habit building outside of WK. The more commitment the better. Putting down my hard earned money is a great motivator.

13 Likes

I think I will also do some italki lessons once I finish wanikani.

Leveled up to level 48 today just 12 more levels. Of course I will continue to study kanji after I finish wanikani but I will spend more time writing them by hand.

9 Likes

woah woah woah what just happened

woah

First time in months I had a flawless session that was not just five items. :star_struck:

14 Likes

Its tricky to pronounce! But quite rarely used in its plain form I guess… 写した etc. is much easier to say

I always get stuck on pronouncing 片付け・かたづけtidying up

3 Likes

Any recommendations for using italki?

2 Likes

Surprised i made it through CP2077 and my recent RimWorld addiction without problems.

5 Likes

In what respect? Glad to help.

2 Likes

That’s 1/3 of the way. Only 40 more levels to go. :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

Thinking of things, it’s interesting to see to how amount of people gets lower from section to section (1-10, 11-19 etc).
How many of us will stay strong until the very end? I hope all of us will, but time will show, I suppose. :)

7 Likes

Pardon my intrusion, but I have the same request as tetraflu0rideさん. Let me stick my couple of questions. Could you describe your way to find the teacher of your choice? Guess you tried different ones and then boiled them down. What was your approach? What you was looking for? What do you feel important to ask/talk about during trial lesson to see if this is your teacher or not? I mean, here is scheduled time come, camera ON, action!.. - your plan?
By now I’m just in the beginning of figuring out how to approach and make use of italki at all and scrolling through different guides, so personally I’d be happy and 超grateful to know any of your experience you got so far.

5 Likes

Haha, I see why you’d take away the full stop in my username; that’s fair enough

It’s just a force of habit because I put that at the end of my username to avoid having to deal with “invisi” already being taken - so it’s kind of become my username

I can’t seem to put punctuation in WaniKani usernames though so it might look like a mistake

2 Likes

I’m out of the 40s! Just 10 levels to go!

17 Likes

Ugh, I just bombed my reviews hardcore. I had around 200 reviews in the past 2 hours, and my average was like 65%. I super hardcore bombed my burn reviews (I remembered hardly any of that level 22 stuff), and also the level 49 vocab reviews are super hard for me. Sigh.

6 Likes

Haha yeah my burn reviews have been atrocious since I hit the 40’s. These fast levels feel brutal.

7 Likes

Level 31 reached!

Cautiously descending into hell :fire: :fire: :fire:

8 Likes

This is a crazy goal for me.

Let’s gooooooo.

8 Likes