Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

I think that this is a great idea to stay motivated! I added myself as well! Lets all do our best and study hard :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m in. Let’s do this. After resetting down to level 11 from 33 after a year of inactivity, I’m clawing my way back up.

(Also, now I want to go visit Tokyo Skytree on its 10 year anniversary, but I bet lots of people here in Tokyo will have the same idea…)

8 Likes

For me, English lulled me into fake sense of security. It practically learned itself when I was in my early teen years.
But, I do know people who claim that they learned Japanese effortlessly. So it’s definitely possible.

5 Likes

Do any of you have some good pictures or videos from Tokyo Skytree? I’ll start with this one:

8 Likes

Here are two shots from December 2019. This is the Skytree in the evening, from the ground.
As you can see, it’s a rather foggy winter’s night.

And here’s the view from the observation deck.
The staff informed us that conditions are not ideal due to the fog, but it was still a pretty sight.

15 Likes

The one with the fog is great, it looks like a shot out of a dystopian sci fi movie.
Is there only an elevator or or are there stairs too? That would be a cool workout.

4 Likes

I would also like to participate :slight_smile:

I’m currently level 12 and going at a speed of 20 days per level.

Actually… if I continue at this speed I won’t make it to level 60 at all, but maybe I’ll speed up at a certain point (I hear the last 10 levels can be done more quickly). Either way, this thread is a cool opportunity to mark my progress :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ve never been inside Skytree (I picked Tokyo Tower instead), but I do have photos of the outside included in panorama views.

First is the view from the hotel rooftop (Graphy Nezu) where I stayed during my first trip to Tokyo.

Second was taken from the Sumida River’s bank.

9 Likes

I just remembered I am scared of heights (one of the reasons I did not enter the Skytree when I was in Tokyo).

Maybe I should stay level 23 forever, instead… :see_no_evil:

11 Likes

Great job @Marifly! This Skytree thread looks amazing
I’ll join, without any hopes of actually reaching level 60.
But making it to the first observation deck would be nice, so here goes nothing!

7 Likes

Yes, I thought the same thing ! Just showing the video made me feel dizzy :joy:

4 Likes

60 levels of Mines of Moria dungeon group?

7 Likes

I’m fine with heights when there is a stable footing, but I once made a mistake of choosing a ride on Daikanransha (ferris wheel in Odaiba, Tokyo). Alone. During very windy weather.
Somehow I seemed to be the only customer at the moment (it was around noon during weekday, but tourists should still be there, right?) and during this ride I seriously started to worry that it is literal tourist (death) trap and a convoluted way to kill me.
It was really scary, with the car creaking and swinging with the wind. :cold_face:

7 Likes

OK count me in. Level 1. Thanks!

11 Likes

I’m in. Hoping to reach level 60 by spring 2021.

6 Likes

I’m so glad to see so many here! This will be so much fun to climb to level 60 with all of you!

14 Likes

Count me in! :smile:

8 Likes

I’m in! :raised_back_of_hand:

6 Likes

Ui! I also want to take part, count me in!

6 Likes

It’s weird because most of the time I am the same, like with rollercoaster rides and such. But something about these very tall observation decks, particularly in countries that have earthquakes frequently, scare the heck out of me.

I did actually go up the Kyoto tower, but my wife had to practically force me in there. I did not have a good time!

I’m going to have nightmares tonight.

3 Likes