Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

YES! I’m finally level 10! I am looking forward to the new characters today :smiley:

Edit:

So I decided to see how long it would take me to finish this level’s vocabs, kanji and radicals and finally after 8 hours, i’ve cleared them!

I’m going to order a nice burger dinner to celebrate!

11 Likes

this is such a great idea! i’ve just now added myself to the skytree wiki. i finally got around to reading some newbie advice threads yesterday and have learned to take it slower and to treat learning japanese as a marathon. i’ve been spending more time studying the actual flashcard itself before responding and to write down the things i get stumped on or get wrong. i have to trust myself not to cheat when i take those notes, but even simply slowing down and forcing myself to do my reviews on my PC seems to have increased my accuracy rate by quite a bit! i don’t necessarily think i’ve finished all my reviews for today even, but i’m looking forward to catching up this weekend.

in the meantime, i have an increased fervor to learn vietnamese alongside japanese. perhaps it’s a tall order as one language alone is a Lot, but some things happened in life that have motivated me to speak it more. it’s also technically my mother tongue, too, lol. here goes!

10 Likes

As regards learning Vietnamese, I hope you find this article encouraging:

3 Likes

grafik
A nice way to start the weekend! I wonder what the new level will bring…

9 Likes

I have finally made it… to the first observation point :partying_face:

The view is glorious!

As you can see, there is a shop and a restaurant on this floor.

I decided to get the shop out of the way so I walked around for about ten minutes then picked up some Hello Kitty apparel for my wife.

Currently I am sitting in 634 Musashi, taking it very easy. I might have ordered too much food, but that was an intense climb so I need to replenish my stocks…

Time to take it easy for a little while then… on with the climb :sunglasses:

Maybe I’ll see @mmm333 here for a bit and we can have a quick beer?

16 Likes

Congrats! So I’m… uhm, … I’m still standing in a line for the shop right now. Give me 10 hours and I’ll make it, too! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

:cherry_blossom: Level 17 get! :cherry_blossom:

7 days/level, not a single hour more - 4th time in a row!

…and yeah, the lesson avalanche exploded just as expected

← and this only the state I start lv17 at. So getting 0/0 mark this time will be actually challenging :thinking:

Hey there, here we are the same level again! :wink: Good job keeping pace up!

10 Likes

Congratulations reaching first notable mark! :tada:
Seems like you’ve kept up the same pace with @mmm333 for a while?
Nice to see other people happen to find climbing companions to support each other as well! :+1:

5 Likes

I’m so lonely :sob:

6 Likes

With my best regards, doubt if there would be much people who could keep up an actual 6d20h/lvl pace :scream:

Cheer up, man. The strongest one always walk alone :muscle:
We all around here rooting for you though with all our heart’s contents :wink: Just you to know it’s an honor to witness fastest WK legend ever with our own eyes! :star2:

4 Likes

Haha I don’t know if I will be the fastest ever, considering people can do the first two levels 4 hours faster now, and I have missed 4 hours so far, so there is already room for an 8 hour improvement. Plus if in the future they make the radical SRS time shorter there can be even faster people.

But thanks for the support! :sunglasses: :heart:

7 Likes

My suggestion, take unlocked radical (I think you already did to reach 7d/level) and unlocked kanji as soon as possible. This will distribute part 1 kanji’s vocab and part 2 kanji’s vocab evenly. For the rest of the time will be hard work to clear up remaining vocab :sweat_smile:
頑張って!

3 Likes

this is indeed very encouraging and cool! thank you for sharing. i feel like i find anecdotal evidence of this in my own life and family as well. resources for vietnamese unfortunately aren’t as ubiquitous as, say, japanese or chinese, but i am determined to make it work. many thanks again for the share!

2 Likes

But you have all these fine people climbing alongside you :wink:

And you are also privileged enough to be climbing perfectly alongside the wonderful @paupach :eyes:

5 Likes

I joined at the beginning of September when was still at level 1 (now at level 4). I think it will be difficult to get to 60 by May 2022 with all my other commitments, but let’s definitely try! :grinning:

11 Likes

Is this graphic part of a userscript? It looks really cool

3 Likes

Count me in Skytreenians! Let’s climb this thing together with the help of its holiness, the glorious Crabigator.

8 Likes

Indeed it is, thank you for asking!

It’s one of several features from rwesterhof’s pretty awesome WK Dashboard Cockpit, namely seanblue’s SRS and Leech Breakdown combined with rfindley’s beautiful Golden Burn. Very much worth checking out!

I think tailoring the dashboard to one’s personal needs and preferences is both neccessary and fun.
We’re here for the long climb (the whole 600+ metres), so making sure our study space looks cool and welcoming is one of the ways to stay motivated. I’m very grateful so many clever people are willing to put time and effort into those scripts. すごい!We’re spoiled for choice! ありがとうございます!

4 Likes

… and I’m there. First observation deck, phew. Give me a second…

What a view! I’m speechless and tired, it’s 1:30 am as I write this

This sure is one hell of a tower. The observation deck is not as crowded as I had imagined it, but I’m sure there are lot more on their way up. 頑張って!

@RoseEater Did my best to be on time, this was my fastest level up time since lvl 7 :sweat_smile: (7 days 10 hours). Anyway, かんぱい! :beers:

11 Likes

I’m still stewing at lvl 31 tho :eyes:

dang Rose, you’re 5 levels higher now :partying_face:

3 Likes