Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

Speaking of review wall, I just cleared my 1500+ review backlog after two weeks and a 9 month break :sweat_smile: Had to reset from 54-51 unfortunately, but at least the first major hurdle is taken care of :upside_down_face:

Also planning on taking more of a leisurely approach to WK for now, although there’s a good chance I’ll be visiting Japan for the first time later this year, so really wanna finish it this go around :pray:

5 Likes

Daijoubu Kuuru san.

Nothing wrong with having a bad day. Take a break if you must.

hug-cuddle

Congrats Vizi san :tada:

8054D613-30A4-47C3-97C3-A1B537A0CCF9

Good luck Vizi san. When do you plan to go to Japan?

I am planning to visit this March/April. Finally I want to step on to Tokyo Skytree on Level 60. Need to step up and get to Level 60 by then :rofl:

5 Likes

Thank you!

Planning for September-ish, but still no definites yet. Still kinda figuring out what the actual logistics of going will look like since this will be my first time traveling internationally (or at all, really).

Good luck! :pray: I might try and get to 60 myself around mid March since April 2nd will mark my 10 year anniversary since initially trying out WaniKani (yes that hurts to say not having hit 60 yet), and don’t really wanna aim for another 10 years on top of that :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Good luck Vizi san.

There are plenty of threads here on WK about past travels that may help you. Even reddit is a great source. I think r/japanlife

Your perseverance is to be admired :fire:

Kudos to you :clap:

3 Likes

Thank you!

I think you’re thinking of r/japantravel :slightly_smiling_face: And yes I’ve been looking there but thanks for the recommendation.

I’d describe it less as ‘perseverance’ and more ‘extreme stubborness’. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Level 38! Very much looking forward getting to the 40s now haha

Keep climbing everyone!

6 Likes

Kind of an update, cleared most of my review wall today, less than 30 reviews left, will do them. Tomorrow. Can’t wait to finally start lessons again

4 Likes

Up to 52! :tada: Always feels good to get that first level up again after a long break.

5 Likes

Now 53. Think it’s the first time I’ve ever made a back to back post before. Feels like I’m just talking to myself here :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Maybe u are :eyes:

2 Likes

Aww, not again :skull:

3 Likes

We’re there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Level 39! Almost out of 地獄 and into 天国!

7 Likes

Should level up tomorrow or day after woooo!
Also i am thinking of going high speed now. What you all think?

4 Likes

Up to 54 and caught back up to where I was before my reset for the umpteenth time. Fingers crossed it’ll be the last.

If you decide to go for it, good luck :eyes: I hear it can get pretty crazy really quick in the 50’s going high speed.

4 Likes

Sounds fun. Let’s do that. Or maybe…

1 Like

Well… :wink: what’s high speed? If you look into the mirror, I’m coming “fast”!

1 Like

I am not scared… Gulp
Leveled up to 49 btw :wink:

5 Likes

So, how is this thread run nowadays? The thread title needs some updating, but maybe it’s more like a leader board now? I might join if so! :slight_smile:

Edit: I added myself with a “#2” to keep it from my last run! XD

3 Likes

It’s for old timers I think. :stuck_out_tongue:
The #2 is a good idea, let’s go. I changed my nick, I’ll keep the original and add myself as a new entry.

2 Likes