Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

Thanks ishi! I did think I must have some sort of lock that prevents me from editing, and I understand why haha

I take pride in kanji being my forte but I think I’ve burnout with the previous method I was using so I wanted to try something different. So far so good!

2 Likes

Thanks Joeni! I’ll be sure to look at all these!

Besides kanji, my main goal is to get to know like minded people and HOPEFULLY get over my shyness and actually try to write full sentences in japanese haha

2 Likes

Hey Zeus,

Yeah, trust levels are not letting me edit, but I’ll do it asap. Right now I’m just enjoying the whole process, I know I have plenty of time to make it to the top :slight_smile:

2 Likes

一緒に頑張りましょう !

5 Likes

Ah yes those annoying little spikes…

3 Likes

14! One step closer :muscle:

Thank you! Yeah my badge update often got delay :sweat_smile: But now I just logged out and signed in again and it’s updated now ~

7 Likes

Welcome to @Abunaichan Just stepping in to report the slow level up this week. My brain got stupid and thought my next kanji level up reviews were a day later than they were so… here we are haha. 今日はちょっと敗れた感じしてるんやけれど、大失敗じゃないので自分に あきらめないように!といったほうがいいね!?この速度すごく保守的な速度じゃないからこのままで心配しないはずやな。

4 Likes

Hello!

Is it too late to join the climb as an aspiring Level 4?
May 22 sounds like a wonderful goal date to me, especially since Japan Day in Düsseldorf is traditionally on the Saturday near the end of that month.

Here’s my progress so far. My goal is to keep my level up time during “low-stress times” at 7-8 days so I can take some delays / RL hits and still average out at the 10 day pace needed. Does that sound healthy or too ambitious?
grafik
I’d love to make it, or at least put in a valiant effort to get as close as possible - but not all by my lonesome. (is scared of heights) :fearful: So I’m hoping to join your splendid company!

6 Likes

I don’t know if this a script but i like it 10/10

1 Like

I’m in the middle of level 7 and this is how my stats look so far, 9 days being the average length for one level (for now).

Joining right now isn’t late, but just keep in mind that the higher your level is, the more reviews there are so be sure to maintain your schedule to not get overwhelmed to the point of “curse it, I’m out”. XD

Welcome to the community and good luck!

4 Likes

I just checked with an alternative account. The correct intervals are: 2h, 4h, 8h and 23h :stuck_out_tongue: The knowledge base has it rounded to 1 day, but it’s not actually 24h.

5 Likes

That being said, in the middle of the way trough level 7 I noticed that WK accepts synonyms in other languages. Memorizing is going to become so much easier from now on.

6 Likes

Ohhh I’ve heard опережать so many times, so it’s cool to know its meaning now :OO

4 Likes

Glad to suddenly help. :smiley: There are quite a few meanings for this word, but in general it’s just this. Though I can’t say I hear it really that often… unless it’s some sport show with racing type of contest.

2 Likes

Not at all, we may start at different time, but what matter most is the progress :muscle:

I’ve tried pace 8-10 days per level, this can be achieved with 20 lessons per day (for me) and even less lessons per day when you hit 0/0 (no new lessons). But be careful, the review pile will increases as time goes by (until you start burning item) :sweat_smile:

Forgetting is not a failure, failure is when you give up remembering ~

1 Like

do you mean this script? [userscript] Level-Up Celebrator!

2 Likes

I might be mixing it up with something else then :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Context would’ve been nice to have, because it can be that I just do not encounter this verb often as it’s not needed much in my personal life. :smile:

2 Likes

Hey there, nice to see you keeping up your pace!
…so I am, aaaaand here let me join the lv14 club! :smiley:

This time I managed to hit it precisely in 7 days, according to schedule and this make me super-duper happy.

Unfortunately I made a bit backlog of ~20 vocabs from lv13 due to driving license exams took place last week. But coming week should be relatively free, so I totally convinced to clean it up to 0/0 state :muscle:

Edit: you right, for some reason I had to relogin to update displayed level on forum :thinking: Seems like WK was not designed for such a rushers we are here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Hey, I’m thinking about making a figure like this each month, so we can make a gif later that shows our combined progress. What do you think?
wk_skytree_2020_09

13 Likes