Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

F

5 Likes

In my trip through Hell, I have reached the first observation deck. I’m so tired.

13 Likes

お疲れ様です。

4 Likes

So i leveled up to 35. but apparently i didn’t. After 11 days and 16 hours. And moved up to first observation deck

lol

20 Likes

Yayyy, I’ve reached level 10 so I’m changing stage. It’s very motivating to go up a little bit with each new level in the Tokyo Skytree. Thanks @Maryfly for starting this :blush:

21 Likes

I just hit level 10 too. Let’s soar up to that top floor!

14 Likes

@Marifly
how things going with you leader?

7 Likes

@Marifly Thanks for creating this! Just joined now!!! :relaxed: :relaxed: :relaxed:

18 Likes

time to edit the original post again ^^

level 11 seemed hard, and i’m not sure why. focus and recall just seemed to be worse than at other times, and i was making lots of errors which i really shouldn’t have. dunno what’s going on in my head. so 10 days 13 hour for the level, still can’t complain about that ^^

congrats to all of you who’ve levelled up recently, hello to those who’ve just joined us!

16 Likes

Level 16. 8 days 13 hours.

17 Likes

:sunny: Second Observation Deck :sunny:

Relaxing a bit after 2 fast levels, before another 2 fast levels

18 Likes

Level 53! :running_woman:t2:

It was a special moment when I encountered this vocab yesterday:

Also the plot twist with Jourm on the kanji 浄! :scream: I remember people referencing it on this thread before but I had no idea of what was to come.

10 Likes

People who are in their forties and fifties. How many lessons do you do a day?

I have been going at a 18 a day pace for my twenties but I’m thinking about lowering it to 15. I just feel like I lose accuracy when i get a lot of verb lessons. Onyomi I’m fine with, bring on the nouns, but kunyomi for verbs… ugh. Maybe I just need to keep sucking it up.

I was thinking I might go down to 10 a day for the 50s.

What do you guys think. Has your pace changed over time?

10 Likes

Congrats! Enjoy little break!

6 Likes

Indeed! They wrapped the whole history of character!

5 Likes

I am on my last normal level.
To be honest, I quite like the pacing of the fast levels (even though I don’t do them at max speed).
I think wk would be even better if the level were shorter, but with more of them.

At the very least I would enjoy them more.

@amagi more or less 21-24 lessons everyday, mostly 21. My pace also reduced. I kept a steady 0/0 for all levels until the first fast levels. I reduced the number since then (I was around 24 on everage but it could climb up to more than 30 to get that sweet 0/0. I don’t do that anymore).
If I remember correctly the zone you are in was one of my most difficult, so hang in there.

10 Likes

Okay, good to know I’m not just getting stupider. I guess I’ll keep it steady for now and consider that this is just a rough patch of levels. I’m definitely feeling better than when I was trying to maintain 7 day levels into the 20s.

7 Likes

I am not included but will answer anyways.

With my experience this could be either you got alot of leeches or mnemonics aren’t really working. Either way i would recommend leech squaching (or whatever it is called) for either case. Unless your problem is the amount of reviews i don’t think amount of lessons is the issue here but it could help(slowing down i mean).

4 Likes

I am probably not the best person to ask because I’ve been doing 40-50 lessons a day since reaching the fast levels. However, I thought it was worth responding because I find that the verb lessons are the easiest and my vocab accuracy is higher than my kanji accuracy.

If you have time, I would highly recommend consuming more native material. All the verbs encountered in Wanikani, I find, are very common which aren’t always the case with the jukugo words. Coming across these verbs in the wild will really help drill them into your brain.

If you don’t have the time to spare, then I think reducing the number of lessons could help. Depends what kind of accuracy we’re talking here. As long as you’re progressing (moving more items up the SRS stages than down) after each review session then that’s all that really matters. Lower accuracy just means more reviews, and if you don’t have time for all the reviews, then that’s when it’s worth reducing the number of lessons.

9 Likes

i was like, ooh, a question for me! …then i realised that you meant levels, not age… :smiley:

17 Likes