Lessons > Quiz Reorder?

Hi everyone! This is my first post, so I apologize if I’m doing it wrong. Feel free to move/remove it. Anyway…

Is there a way to reorder quizzes? I currently have the Reorder Script, but it doesn’t work on the quiz part of lessons (that I can tell).

Basically what I want is to answer all the meanings, then all the readings, or vice versa. Almost every time, I misread what it wants and type the wrong thing and it’s very annoying.

(The solution to this problem could be reading more carefully, but for some reason it’s really difficult for me to differentiate even when trying to read carefully, so I get it wrong very frequently.)

For example, I try to type the meaning, like “investigate,” and then realise it’s asking for the reading when I see いんう゛ぇsちがて typed into the box. :sweat_smile:

Is there a way to reorder the quizzes like this?

Thanks!!

I haven’t tried it, though there’s no penalty for a wrong answer in the quiz, so I wouldn’t sweat that aspect of it.

1 Like

Thanks! I know there’s no penalty, it’s just annoying to retype almost every answer. I try to read carefully, but like I said, it’s really difficult for me to differentiate for some reason, so I mess up anyway, It’s not really a big deal, but when doing 100+ lessons, it starts to get on my nerves. :disappointed_relieved:

Are you actually doing 100 lessons all in one session? You’re absolutely insane. I did that for maybe my first 5 levels but then I realized I can split up my lessons to a certain amount per day and still level up at the same speed.

1 Like

Haha, I actually just leveled up and am currently doing it right now. 60 down, 50 to go. :sweat_smile:

I just prefer doing everything at once rather than waiting. I guess. I like getting things to 0 / 0.

1 Like

Did you already see that meanings have white background and readings black? I just realized that recently, I try to see the color now instead of switching Japanese mode <–> “Reading/Meaning” all the time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I‘m not aware of a script to do that but you could add some styling to e.g. only the reading section so that you don’t miss the fact that it wants a reading.

For example:

#quiz #question-type.reading {
    background:none #0093dd!important;
    border-color:#0093dd!important;
}

#quiz .reading strong{
    text-transform:uppercase;
}
#quiz .reading strong:after{
    content:"!"
}

I used Stylish for Chrome to apply this only for https://www.wanikani.com/lesson/session

That example would look like this:

Because holy shit, @acm2010 I also never noticed that one has a black and one has a white background…

2 Likes

I had no idea! But I’m using WK dark mode, so maybe that’s altering it?

That’s a clever idea! Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.