Lessons are still ordered (but now with old and new options)

Ordered lessons is good because I’m trying to keep my apprentice under 100 now. And I’m glad I don’t have to do dozens of vocab lessons after I guru a radical before I find a kanji.

I didn’t notice this until today… so this is why the lesson seems to be pretty ordered these days. Would the new option ‘Ascending Level then Shuffle’ do better then the first one (ascend level and subject)? or the previous one (shuffle)?

2 Likes

“do better” in what sense?

Everyone wants different things from the presentation of the lessons.

That depends on what you want.

If you want radicals, kanji, and vocab to all be mixed up (within a level) then go with Ascending then Shuffle. If you like to do like things together, then go for Subject.

If you’re like me and like to get new vocab for guru’d kanji right away, but otherwise prefer getting things in order, then use ascending then Subject, with the lesson reorder userscript.

1 Like

Not a complete noob but I have no idea what you guys talking about. My setting is “ascending level then subject”. What does that mean ? Do I need to change anything ?

Edit: what is the script ? Where can I find it? Thankss

1 Like

First your lessons are sorted by level, with lower levels coming first. Then within each level, they are sorted by lesson type, with radicals followed by kanji followed by vocab. This is the new default.

Only if what I described is something you don’t want. You can have it jumble after the ascending level sort, or you can just jumble everything like it used to always be.

You can reorder lessons and reviews with much more precision using this.

Oh, great idea! With this I think I’ll abandon just about all my scripts! (I will still keep the double check cause I have a mild form of dyslexia so I need it for when I don’t care that I didn’t spell the English right =P )

Oh and the real numbers script. 42+ is basically just saying “You have stuff”, it’s always 42+, though fun it is rather pointless to have a number at all if you stop that low ^^;

2 Likes

As a new user, this Ascending level then shuffle option is great. Still have the original chaos to keep me on my toes, but don’t have to worry about vocab slipping through the cracks.

3 Likes

I love the new lesson ordering! Thank you for this!

1 Like

I love it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for this! ^^

1 Like

Well I use WaniKani on my desktop, so I dunno what’s happening, but congrats

2 Likes

hi I am new here but i dont know what to do

1 Like
2 Likes

What does desktop have to do with it? I mean, other than that it gives you access to scripts?

I’m assuming that you can change the order on the app. But I checked my settings and you can’t order it on settings

1 Like

There is no official app (if by app you mean the mobile apps). Any changes made by the WK devs are for the website. They changed the way lessons are ordered and after requests for an option, they added an option to customize it.

1 Like

But your app lessons should be ordered the way you set them on the website. You can’t change any account settings in the apps. Only the app settings.

This is true. The unofficial apps only use the API to present you with information. When you do lessons or reviews with them, they’re loading the website with an internal browser. So ultimately you’re using the website either way.

1 Like

Then why can’t I find it?

1 Like