Lessons are now ordered

Yeah, it has taken on a life of its on as a favorite of youtube commenters.

0 Likes

Let’s see, even growing up my cousins and I have always used it. Like, lets say we were arguing over a song lyric, and found out the correct words the wrong person would be salty. Or if maybe I thought the ice cream truck was outside and I ran out and he wasn’t there i’d be salty. Or even I thought he was going to stop for me, but he just kept going. Salty. We’d do things like wipe each others shoulders, and say, ’ O sorry you had some salt there," or ’ Let me wipe that the salt off your shoulder. " It was really funny, I’d always get really mad when they did that to me. XD

0 Likes

*snorts* Huh! That’s really interesting. Thanks for sharing. For the first bit of your personal anecdotes, I was thinking “you’re acting salty”… like in the definition, but then you finished it off the way you did. Hmm… Most interesting indeed.

Thanks. : D

0 Likes

Thank you for letting us have the by level and then shuffled option! I was daunted by the prospect of having ALL the kanji at the same time. Having the vocab shuffled in helps reinforce the readings and keep me from being overwhelmed.

0 Likes

For some reason it only lets me order them starting with vocab first rather than radicals. Is there a fix for this?

0 Likes

You have vocabulary before radicals because those vocabulary level are less than the radicals.

See the below for additional sorting options

0 Likes

It’s a shortening of “salty tears”. I remember hearing it a lot in fighting games years ago, usually used mock somebody (or oneself).

0 Likes

Salty means angry. It’s basically the “U MAD BRO?” of today’s children.

salty (adj.) mid-15c., “tasting of salt, impregnated with salt,” from salt (n.) + -y (2). Meaning “racy” is from 1866, from salt in the sense of “that which gives life or pungency” (1570s, originally of words or wit). Meaning “racy, sexy” is from 1866. U.S. slang sense of “angry, irritated” is first attested 1938 (probably from similar use with regard to sailors, “tough, aggressive,” attested by 1920), especially in phrase jump salty “to unexpectedly become enraged.” Related: Saltily.

1 Like

would prefer radicals and kanji always first. that way i can unlock the next level sooner.

0 Likes

This will never happen since we push vocabulary to reinforce kanji. This goes against the teaching methodology.

8 Likes

As long as you’re up to date with your lessons this is essentially how it works.

0 Likes

long time no see 〜 i miss u too 〜:heart:

3 Likes

I just turned off vacation mode, and I can’t seem to make the reorder work? (Okay, I’ll admit I haven’t read this entire thread so maybe this was answered already) but from what I understand, I should be seeing only Level 1 items first during my reviews, correct? I keep getting items from all levels though. Sort of confused.

0 Likes

Lessons. Lessons are ordered.

Reviews are random.

1 Like

My bad :sweat: I’m operating on very little sleep here. Thanks for clearing that up.

0 Likes

Interessante…

0 Likes

:cake:

short answer. yes
long answer… in a galaxy far far away… i am eating a cake so yes

0 Likes

Am I missing something? What does my post have to do with cake?

1 Like

Doesn’t everything have to do with cake?

Honestly I have no idea why.

5 Likes

I gave up trying to find any meaning in the random replies. If you value your sanity, you ought to do the same.

2 Likes