Leech Squashing

I’m already thinking “There is no honor in public management”, it won’t work for me I think ^_^’

These ones are already sticking though, great job!

Thank to you both!

See older reply (around 30+/400+)…someone put up two gifs differentiating those two. Work for me

論理 and 理論

and then there are these two kanji 条(level 21) and 枚(level 18) with the same WK radicals (tree and winter). Caught me confused a moment with the mixed up mnemonics.

The last kanji decides the meaning. The one ending with 理 is reason and the one ending with 論 is theory.

EDIT:

In this one, the winter is totally crushing the trees, just like a clause in a contract f*cks you up.

5 Likes

こうえい (光栄) (honor) sounds a little like kind of like co-ed. So think of how much of an honor it is to co-ed with a really famous person.

えいこう (栄光) (glory) sound a little like acorn. So think of a giant acorn being put on a pedastel as the people sing glory to the holy acorn.

I just finally squashed this little pest of a leech that has been with me since level 4!
Laugh with me and not at me please :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

推定 estimate
推測 conjecture
予測 prediction

(╬ಠ益ಠ)

somehow i was able to keep these straight until their enlighten reviews but

it’s like 予定・予想・想定 come back to haunt me (and no, none of those are burned yet either)

Can someone show me how to remember these two words 光栄 and 栄光?

1 Like

Read this

2 Likes

人類に栄光あれ
Glory to mankind

One of the catchphrases found in the game, NieR: Automata

That’s how I remember it at least.

1 Like

I hate these words so much. those and 論理 And 理論

That is incredibly helpful!

Glad it helped you :slight_smile:

勝負 しょうぶ match

keeps giving me grief. I mistake it for 勝敗. It is extra annoying because even if you know no japanese, you probably know this word from anime. But I apparently don’t. Not anymore anyway. Maybe it’s too easy. Maybe I think wk is trying to trick me or something. Either way, it’s annoying.

Complaining over. Hopefully I won’t have to complain about it ever again.

Oh no, I just learned 論理, and now I have to dread the other one :slight_smile:

Some other user came up with this, so credit to them, but the trick I ended up using was the lonely (ろんり) logic professer (論理), trying to teach everyone about logic but still feeling so lonely the whole time.

It’s not yet confusing cause I’ve only learned the one :wink: But I’ll try to remember that.

FWIW, for 理論 I think of someone giving yet another re-run of a conspiracy theory. It’s worked so far!

I just freaking missed the burn on it this morning thinking it meant win or lose/victory or defeat. Now I see why, argh. (And I love sports anime, but I haven’t picked up the word somehow.)

牛(うし) and 午(ご)egads I always confuse these.

3 Likes