Kurzgesagt in Japanese!

Haven’t seen anyone mention this yet.
The kurzgesagt team announced a month or so ago, that they are starting a bunch of new translation channels (they had English, German and Spanish, up to that point), and that includes a Japanese one.
If you aren’t familiar with them, Kurzgesagt creates scientific videos about both recent events and general thought experiments.
Sofar they translated three videos, one about Dyson spheres, one about a giant virus, and one about global warming. Taking a look at these videos, they seem to be quite light on grammar and incredibly heavy on vocab, which is an interesting combination. The grammar is of course formal Japanese. The best thing about these is that they have full Japanese subtitles (and technically speaking, you could watch the English video for an “”“official”“” translation). The subtitles are stock full of kanji, even for stuff I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t normally use kanji for.
The channel can be found here:

Give it a test watch, it’s quite nice and the audio is very clear.

35 Likes

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing this :smile:

3 Likes

I’m definitely gonna check this out! :grin:

1 Like

I see, some people here are not keeping up with the POLL thread :eyes:
@pragmata @ekg smh my head

4 Likes

Interesting, I did do a search, but that message just doesn’t pop up

2 Likes

Don’t worry, it’s good you posted this thread! This way, more people can find out about it

It was just a small nip at pragmata and ekg here :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

What can I say? I’m busy rewatching One Piece! :joy: :pirate_flag: :sailboat: :cloud:

5 Likes

no memory

5 Likes

I was kinda hoping to learn what “Kurzgesagt” was in Japanese… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

腰するに
or クツゲザグト

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.