Weow! Koohi.cafe - A WK friendly SRS [300 vocabulary lists!]

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

S-sorry

2 Likes

Hmm, the website renders on client side then gets data from the server to fill it in.

I can think of a crappy but 100% possible implementation where the server grabs your settings after load which will result in you getting flashed before it converts to dark mode. I’ll @ you if I find a solution.

1 Like

You should be

5 Likes

MY EARLY ADOPTION CHOICE PAYS OFF! Muahahahaha! :joy:

4 Likes

Update 3-3-2021 - The sound of progress

I’ve caved to popular demand and put the unknown words tracker back in.

Skulls (difficulty) are based on the following criteria atm:

• Easy: 79%+ words known OR unknown words < 500
  • Medium: 69%+ OR unknown words < 1500
  • Hard: anything else

You can set your WK level through the options menu. Click the cog next to the search bar to open up the options menu. @Vanilla

Unknown words load once per session. There will be a long period (7-12 seconds) before the data loads in. Idk how to do it faster than that but it literally has to check against 300 lists sooooo

Your data should be transferred @Sylph

If people want the interface to be something different for this feature, tell me soon before I mentally move on to some other arbitrary feature.

Also happy 300 lists everybody!

Also I have achieved employment :> . 40+ applications. 1 person willing to interview. 1 job. Just wanted to share my 100% interview win rate.

8 Likes

Loving the skulls

Is there a way to sort the books by the percentage of words known? I tried the ‘Difficulty’ option but not sure what that is doing right now.

Edit: It says I have 71/1970 unknows words on ポレポレ日記 but 34.9% known words, not sure what’s up with that

1 Like

One small bug reporto. The unknown word amount does not seem to be accurate currently.

So like sayaka ni tsuite for example has 11 words I dont know

But it says there are 800+ words I dont know and the total words is different

It’s like this for all the books. Maybe its not counting trashed words? Or currently active words? I’m not too sure.

big pog

1 Like

Okay so I’m getting words that are within ~10 of what the actual number of unknown words is, which is fine IMO. So idk what’s happening to you guys but let’s figure it out real quick:

On the library page:

1. Did you guys set your wk level in the options menu (next to the search bar)?
  2. The unknown words calculation should be using frequency 1

The unknown word calculator on the library page is different from the one on the actual list generator because the list generator one is more precise but too slow to do 300 calculations all at once. They should yield similar results though.

Where’s 71 from? Maybe you have a list set with a freq higher than 1?

It’s currently sorting by # unknown words as opposed to percentage which I get why you’d be confused about that

Yeet and yeet

1 Like

Okay, I changed the freq to 1 and set WK level. I get different numbers (which are also different from what floflo said, but whatever), but still very far away from the percentage/unknown words it shows:

Images

1 Like

@Vanilla
So this happened because I used a prompt to take the wanikani level, causing it to be a string instead of an integer. So I spent two hours taking apart my entire thing and the answer was literally just typing parseInt(wk)

@Sylph
I changed some stuff? Tell me how it goes.

Bug report on my side too (but unrelated)
Title does not seem to match the cover :joy:

Edit: Also, I cannot get the “already read” button to work through the main interface. I have to select the book to get the popup and then say already read there.

2 Likes

Lmao, the joys of programming. I had a project once and I think I spent a few days figuring out why it would work on my laptop but not my desktop and it turns out that i had a “j” rather than an “i” for a nested loop and it was accessing some memory it shouldn’t have which magically ended up working on my laptop but not my desktop.

The numbers are looking much better and seem to be the rough estimate you were going for. :+1:

I remember the times when I was proud to get a book to 80% words known after adding words from it, and now almost everything is like 90-95%% regardless of if I have added words from it. Nice motivation and its pretty easy now to see at a glance which books would be challenges.

EDIT: Just a heads up, things seem to get wacky when you have 100% known. So like no percentage appears and then the book disappears when you click it. Then it shows up has having a buncha unknown words

1 Like

I didn’t remove the old code for getting unknown words and the condition for it activating was having 0 (the unloaded amount) of words so yeah, should be fixed now. Unless there’s a way to get -1 unknown words? In which case, I’ll have to fix it again lol

I dreamt about percentages tonight for some reason.

Unfortunately it’s only changed like 2%

Screencap

If it’s only happening to me maybe it has something to do with having just transfered? I dunno.

1. Try setting your WK level through the options again to force a reset
  2. Go to stats page and make sure your words are in the realm of what was on Floflo (not everything will transfer but)
Summary

vs

Well, it’s not quite the same, but I guess it still doesn’t explain the difference between
and
(Btw this is what I have set)

Yeah but just to 1000% confirm did you:

Good news: I’m dumb and hadn’t seen that option! Only the one in the book itself (I did think it was weird that that would affect the whole site but…brain)
I had a moment at work with someone the other day that was like “This doesn’t work” “…did you do this?” “Yes” “But did you actually?” so I feel what you are feeling.

It’s sooo beautiful now :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face:
Thanks and sorry for being dense

1 Like

No you’re definitely right. It’s unintuitive but I try hard to separate the logic of the pages so that if one page fails the others don’t go down, etc. I’ll need to modify the corner notifications to better communicate that the options menu is a thing but the whole feature was a rush job anyway lol

1 Like