MaruMori.io & Kitsun.io - [UPDATE: ALL ABOARD THE N3 TRAIN] - Grammar SRS, Grammar Lessons, Reading Exercises, Vocabulary, Kanji and more!

Will there be a beta?

2 Likes

Iā€™m thinking of doing a ā€œbetaā€ through Testflight for iOS as releasing a new app to the Apple Appstore usually takes a while. Making the app available through Testflight could hopefully help with the wait :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Going Testflight first for a beta or during approval is something Iā€™ve seen a lot of apps do and itā€™s definitely the most reliable way of getting beta feedback thanks to the built in feedback tools. Better to do that than release a ā€˜betaā€™ version on app store straight way, in my opinion. Certainly easier to iterate and resolve issues.

4 Likes

Couldnā€™t have said it better! :smiley:

1 Like

Guys, just wanna let you know that in the last few days I published a deck called ā€œ101 Japanese Idiomsā€, which is based on a book with the same name. Like the name suggests, it has 101 Japanese Idioms for you guys to learn, all with explanations on how they came to be ^^ Iā€™m in the process of adding example sentences as well, so that the deck gets very comprehensive.

Link: Kitsun.io

How a card looks like:

Example of a card

9 Likes

That looks really cool!

Would you suggest that users wait until they hit 60 on here before tackling something like that, in terms of kanji content?

3 Likes

Honestly, the example I gave is probably the one with the hardest kanji in the entire deck :joy:

My suggestion would actually be to go through the list of idioms through the management table and push to the front of the lessonsā€™ queue those using kanji you already know.

3 Likes

Nice! So cool of you. I need to look at it.
Thank you

4 Likes

Thank you too :grin: Also, I feel like I should also recommend the 180 Expressions deck made by @s1212z . If it wasnā€™t for their deck, I wouldnā€™t have realized how important (and cool) it is to SRS expressions. Heck, before when reading Iā€™d see a bunch of words jungled together, but now I immediately know that itā€™s an expression and its meaning. Theyā€™re so common itā€™s a bit insane xD

6 Likes

100% agreed, itā€™s such a nice deck, I honestly had no idea how common these expressions were :see_no_evil: I see about 1 every anime episode or a couple of chapters in manga, they are really everywhere :eyes:
The @jprspereiraā€™s deck is a very nice and welcomed addition :eyes: :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

Thanks, I never knew there were such nice deck. I feel like I should look around more something but I donā€™t have time and when I do I get lazy ha ha. Thx for the recommendations.

4 Likes

Add both decks to your account so you wonā€™t forget :durtle_love:

3 Likes

I started one I will do the other one after.

2 Likes

Sounds gucci, thatā€™s how I would recommend it too. I did 2 expressions a day for the 180 expressions and now Iā€™m doing the same for the 101 idioms :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I usually always do them in pack of 5 but two a day seems nice too. I will steal that technique.

3 Likes

Two a day is really manageable imo, now Iā€™m doing just 1 a day even, no excuse to not do them and they stick better :eyes:

2 Likes

Hey, I can always find an excuse to do no lessons!

4 Likes

I dare you to do 1 lesson a day!

2 Likes

Small update:

Iā€™m still working on the apps. As usual it always takes longer than Iā€™d expect, but the v1 release is getting really close!

In other news, Iā€™ve put in my notice at my dayjob and from 8 July onwards Iā€™ll be working on Kitsun full-time :tada: Like a dream come true :smiley: Thanks to everyone who has supported Kitsun in some way or another :heart:

This also means that I can focus entirely on creating new features and improving the current Kitsun experience, much quicker than before due to my dayjob taking up a lot of time. Expect some cool things coming up! :grin:

19 Likes

Congrats! That is absolutely huge and Iā€™m glad youā€™re at the position you can do such a thing.

2 Likes