MaruMori.io & Kitsun.io - [UPDATE: ALL ABOARD THE N3 TRAIN] - Grammar SRS, Grammar Lessons, Reading Exercises, Vocabulary, Kanji and more!

Yay!

3 Likes

I just noticed that whenever I click on the magnifying glass in the Community Centre without typing anything in the search box, it just takes me to the overview page :thinking: Is that supposed to happen?

5 Likes

Noope! Putting it on the list :grin:

3 Likes

Hi!

I have a few questions :

• Is it possible to have a shortcut to replay the sound several times during the quiz in lessons? (my autoplay is already enable)
  • When the lessons are finished : ā€œQuiz!ā€ or ā€œMore timeā€ pop up, if I choose the latter, would it be possible to use the arrows in both ways (if right arrow, I would like to stay in the review mode)? And if implemented, a button to ā€œQuiz!ā€ would be needed I think

Less important :

• What does mean PoS?
  • Is it possible to have a little animation when the page loads? My wifi is sometimes weak and when I do lessons in WK for example, the crabigator appears

Maybe my requests would render kitsun.io to be too much like WK? Thank you for the website anyway! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi!

Absolutely! You can adjust the shortcuts at the settings page (accessed from the sidemenu). If I recall correctly the default shortcut for playing audio is R. It might be that you have to click away from the answer box (in order not to type ā€œRā€ into the answer box). You can also bind it to F-Keys to be able to replay the audio without losing focus of the answer box :slight_smile:

So you mean using the arrow buttons instead of the visual buttons while the popup is being shown?

In this case it means: Part of Speech

Itā€™s supposed to show a small animation while loading the cards. I just double checked and it seems to have stopped working for lessons, but still works for reviews. Iā€™ll try to fix it with the launch update this weekend. Thanks for reporting! :smiley:

3 Likes

I have to say the app is really awesome. The UI is really great, way better than I imagined. However, I donā€™t like the UI/layout when we do reviews/lessons. It feels like from another websiteā€”basically not the same quality. Am I the only who has that problem? Maybe it depends on the layout, I tried the 10k vocab one.

Nonetheless, amazing work and I hope the launch will go well!

1 Like

Thanks for the compliments!

The UI/Layout for the cards is determined by the deck you are using. Kitsun has a few default layouts that can be used to generate cards with, but in your case you are using a community deck with personalized layouts that were made and shared by another user. Kitsun gives complete freedom to the user to personalize their (own) cards if they want to :slight_smile:

When you click on a deck in the community centre you are able to see a preview of what the cards look like. Perhaps another deck is more to your liking? :smiley:

1 Like

Can you currently replace the layout of a community deck for personal use? Assuming you force them to use the same template, it should be doable, right?

1 Like

Hmm, your progress on a card is also kinda linked to the layout ids (as those create the sibling cards). But in theory it should be possible yeah

This is exactly what I was wondering about. Can we change the layout of your ā€œcommunity deckā€ or extract the cards somehow, create a new deck with our own layout and import those cards in it?

Or is it just better to import an Anki deck in a Kitsun deck?

Thanks for the quick answer!

1 Like

Having ā€œskinsā€ (so to say) for the cards in a community deck might be possible, but currently isnā€™t a feature. I like the idea but thereā€™s also some stuff that could go wrong (e.g. what if the author updates the template/layouts and it doesnt match with your personal one anymore?). Iā€™d have to think well about how to implement this in a way thatā€™d be both easy to understand and easy to use.

I have been toying with the idea of introducing an easy way to customize the colors of the default kitsun layouts, but not anything that completely changes the HTML structure. Iā€™ve personally made those layouts, so it wouldnā€™t be too hard to change them on the fly :slight_smile:

As a sidenote (for @seanblue) : It would be really easy to change any layout/card with a userscript I think. I have exposed certain values and functions to the public as well to give access to further scripting if that ever becomes a thing for Kitsun :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Hello!

I mean, just after I learn my lessons there is the mini quiz. During the review with the mini quiz, the part when I have to listen, I would like to allocate another shortcut (ctrl+r for example). I cannot use a shortcut currently because it types when used.

No I mean just after I learn the lessons and before I do the quiz, I want to review again the lessons : in WK I can press both left and right arrow but in your website itā€™s only one way. Left towards the beginning and right towards the quiz.

3 Likes

Just found another visual bug smallscaredfox

Notice how I select 3 cards to delete, I delete, and 1 card stays there after. The card is gone once I refresh the page (because the cards load again).

also notice me getting trolled by the sidebar

4 Likes

Free until December 1st? Well, thatā€™s just bad timing on my part thatā€™s just 2 hours away! It looks like an interesting tool but Iā€™m not sure it has enough to take me away from memrise.

1 Like

You can do so by setting the hotkey to one of the F1-12 keys. Those donā€™t interfere with the input.

Iā€™ve confirmed (with some help) that this is a bug thatā€™s causing the issue. You are supposed to be able to flip back and forth through cards using the arrow keys. Iā€™ll fix it as soon as possible :slight_smile:

Thanks for elaborating!

@jprspereira So I was wondering why this was happening, as I remember fixing it (itā€™s the same visual bug as the manual lessons one). But then I remembered I delayed the fix (as read above) because I was in the middle of implementing the launch features. So the fix for this should be live either tonight or tomorrow morning :smiley:

@antonytycoon New users have a free 14 day trial that you can use to check out the platform :slight_smile:

5 Likes

5 Likes

Iā€™m one hour before Japan. Itā€™s Dec 1st, 2019. 7am right now. Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

4 Likes

Given that @neicul is Dutch, congrats on your launch!!!

2 Likes

Lucky us that heā€™s sleeping and the launch will only happen once he wakes up :b

5 Likes

No worries, right?

5 Likes