MaruMori.io & Kitsun.io - [UPDATE: ALL ABOARD THE N3 TRAIN] - Grammar SRS, Grammar Lessons, Reading Exercises, Vocabulary, Kanji and more!

I was sure there were only 50 levels ad that you already caped. Well… at some point I will join you.

1 Like

There are only 50 levels indeed. But following the formula for the levels, if there was no cap, I’d be around level 52 by now :stuck_out_tongue:

PLEASE DO! :heart_eyes: すこし寂しい。。miiii makes circles with index finger on the table

4 Likes

I’m level 19 and a half. I’m coming to join you at the top. (Unless neicul increase the cap) I should be there in about 80-90 years.

Btw does wrong answers decrease the level?

3 Likes

Sweeeeet, all sounds very sensible. I reckon you should at least consider loosening the card management aspect a little, as it would be a bit frustrating if you noticed errors as an author but weren’t able to fix them without somebody else submitting them :sweat_smile:

I can’t believe it’s taken you this long to start charging people :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I’m wondering if Kitsun’s payment will support Google Play? Or in another word, Will I be able to pay via Google Play Store?

You’re gonna keep tabs on this for the rest of your life and be like “yeah im level 50 but I should be level 55 looks at neicudi for moar levels”, “yeeeep 50!!! :heart_eyes: but technically I’m level 63 :grin:”, “asks for a sect title called "I’m really level 75”, arent you :rofl: :eyes:

5 Likes

Nope! You only get exp when you complete a lesson or when you correctly answer all siblings of a card (so when it ranks up)

I’ll have to think about this a bit more, as ideally you’d want deck creators to have a full pass on editing published decks, but at the same time it’s easily exploitable if I leave it open. Perhaps being able to edit just your own decks (which are the basis for the published deck) should still be possible.

For now only Credit Cards are supported. Implementing additional payment methods will require some more time and will not be available at launch. Eventually I want to support as many payment methods as possible.

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree it’s tricky. There’s probably also a balance of how much value this brings versus how likely people actually are to exploit it, and how much it affects you in reality if they do. Which is difficult to know at this stage!

1 Like

Sorry I forgot to answer :sweat_smile:

I agree that it should probably remember the previous search. I’ll add it to the list :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I actually don’t want more levels. It’s cooler to say “I was max level before levels were a thing” foxwink

3 Likes

Feature Request:

Shortcut for user synonyms on review and on lesson sessions.

So that I won’t need to move my mouse to that pen, then move again my mouse (or move my arm and finger on my touchpad) to the first textfield to add/edit/delete user synonym or Synonyms, and Notes.

Oh, and thanks for adding “Back to Deck” after Lessons Summary.

2 Likes

Yeah, I second this suggestion! Some cool shortcuts for lessons/reviews would be pretty cool :grin:

2 Likes

It’s almost launch day! Can I wait to activate my free trial or does it have to activate right away?

4 Likes

Noted! Will add it to the feature req list :slight_smile: Someone else also asked for a hibernation shortcut, so I can tackle both at the same time :smiley:

For existing accounts the trial end date is set up to end 14 days after the launch. So once we launch your trial starts. I plan on mailing existing users about it very soon after launch.

3 Likes

So what you’re saying is, if I start reading a new book in mid-December (as I’m currently planning to), it’ll be just in time for the app to be completely paid? Good thing I appreciate all the hard work you put into it and don’t mind spending some money. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I still find it jarring that the menu expands when I move my mouse over it. I’m used to things like BitBucket, where it’s always collapsed or always expanded (user toggleable at any point right there). Then I tend to keep it expanded (which changes the size of the rest of the content, the menu doesn’t go on top of it), unless I’m using a really small screen, in which case I keep it collapsed.

2 Likes

I have the same feeling about that left menu but couldn’t really have said it.

I’d rather want it always collapse unless I click it to expand.

2 Likes

Today I was looking for a more user friendly tool than Anki. I am so gad that I found Kitsun, it’s beyond what I was hopping for!

Thanks for the great work!

4 Likes

I’ve been noticing that sometimes, the dictionary saves previous my search when I leave the dictionary page and go back to it again. And when it does, both the dictionary image and the search results get displayed.

I think I was able to replicate the “bug”. It happens when a dictionary search is loaded, I click somewhere else (settings, home, etc) and then I go back to the dictionary page. In other words, I go dictionary search → another page → (another page ->) dictionary page and this happens.

“Decks” seems to be the exception. Whenever I click “Decks”, the search disappears and the dictionary goes back to normal.

2 Likes

:heart: Thank you!

I believe I’ve said it before that I can’t really get used to it myself either. I like that its small by default since I know which icons to click, and I also kinda like that it doesnt shift the actual content of the page. But I don’t like the way it covers content when you accidentally hover over it (especially after clicking on a button on the previous page). I think I’ll just introduce a small expand button in the top right of the sidebar and make it shift the content again (like it did before).

Thank you very much! Glad you like it :smiley: Let me know if you have any questions or feedback!

I think the search data isn’t always being cleared correctly. I will double check the code soon. Thanks!

4 Likes