MaruMori.io & Kitsun.io - [UPDATE: ALL ABOARD THE N3 TRAIN] - Grammar SRS, Grammar Lessons, Reading Exercises, Vocabulary, Kanji and more!

So @jprspereira is going hardcore, I see :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

Got something cool coming up that will greatly improve Subs2Kitsun!

Hereā€™s a sneak peak (donā€™t mind how it looks) :smiley:

As you can see (and hear) it now automatically records the audio for you (for that subtitle sentence) and will show a popup when itā€™s done. All automatically, no more manual recording or anything! :smiley:)

Iā€™ve also written an article on why this type of learning is good and how to use Subs2Kitsun
Spoiler: with this new change itā€™s super easy :smiley:

I hope to release the article and this new feature this weekend :slight_smile:

Edit:
Forgot to mention. Also adding some hotkeys to allow for quick navigation between subs (prev & next) and a hotkey for creating a card

12 Likes

I should prob start using some of these function. Iā€™m just a person stuck in his old habits ha ha. I probably donā€™t use half of the function on the app.

Thanks for you hard work again

6 Likes

I think itā€™s like that for most people and thatā€™s exactly why I want to write some small articles about stuff like Subs2Kitsun, the dictionary feature and getting started with Kitsun in general. Hope to show how easy it is to create your own decks and cards while consuming media and stuff :smile:

5 Likes

Thank you! Glad to have you around! :smiley:

I see your post was removed, does that mean the issue got fixed somehow? Iā€™ve made some styling changes to that screen with the latest update, looks like it broke a bit for you. If the issue still occurs please let me know and Iā€™ll fix it in time for todayā€™s update! :slight_smile:

2019-12-29

New features:

• Kitsun just got a blog! Only one article so far, but a very handy one! It explains how to get started with Subs2Kitsun :smiley: Click here to view!

• Subs2Kitsun has been greatly improved! It will now record audio for you automatically as well as show the card popup once itā€™s done recording. Basically the whole card generation process is now automatic!

• Subs2Kitsun - Added hotkeys for skipping to the next and the previous subtitles. You can press up arrow to skip to the previous subtitle, and down arrow to skip to the next one. This makes it super easy to go back to exact sentence timings in the video :smiley:

• Subs2Kitsun - Added a hotkey for automatically generating a card. Pressing R will instantly start the automatic recording process and show the card popup when itā€™s done (just like clicking on the card buttons).

• Subs2Kitsun - Added shortcut card generation buttons after each subtitle sentence in the subtitle scrolling box. Clicking on it will generate a card for that sentence.

Bugfixes:

• Fixed an issue where sentences would be formatted weirdly when using the furigana field type.

• Fixed an issue where popups would not correctly lay over the sidemenu.

So yeah, please check out the blog and let me know what you think! The plan is to keep on adding more articles about how to use Kitsun. Next up is the dictionary feature :smiley:

13 Likes

What do you think of the idea of pressing R to have the video replay the beginning of the current subtitle and have G instead for generating a card?

Congratz on the blog launch btw :grin: Itā€™s amazing how fast youā€™re making things happen :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Why are the (text on) images unreadable? Kind of pulled, or Idk, being compressed? Device: iPad.

I think, as long as the blog articles are useful and helpful in Kitsuning, thatā€™s good.

1 Like

This looks amazing! Thank you!

And yes, Iā€™ve often wondered what Subs2Kitsun is, and now I know. Just one question thoughā€¦ it says you have to drop in your video files. Erm, where do you find those? I have no idea!

Anyway, even if I never use the video feature, Kitsun is still totally amazing! Iā€™m busy working through the 10K vocab deck, and I love it. So useful! Thank you so much!

3 Likes

I donā€™t know if someone mentioned it but now my Japanese font has become small. Like really small. Is it normal? Is there anywhere I can change the font size? The size of the card generated by the dictionary are good. The font of the English side are good. The font of the card I created has a small font for Japanese side. Doing review on my phone has never been that hardcore :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Deployed a hotfix for this problem just now! Should be back to normal :slight_smile: Let me know if anything is still off for you.

Haha, looks like an issue with the image styling on iOS. Iā€™ll look into it tonight, thanks :laughing:

@marcusp Cheers :smile: Regarding the files:

Thereā€™s both legal and not so legal ways to get the video files, I canā€™t really go into detail there :laughing:
As for (Japanese) subtitles, you can easily find them by just googling for ā€œJapanese subtitlesā€ or ā€œ

4 Likes

Well, Iā€™m only interested in the legal ways! But like I say, Iā€™m busy with the 10K. Perhaps finding out how to use subs2kitsun legally will become clearer over time and I can use it then. Thanks again!

2 Likes

I just did 3 reviews but they didnā€™t count for the daily streak.

Using Chrome on Android :relaxed:

2 Likes

Just wondering, did you use a android shortcut to open Kitsun?

Iā€™m sure that kitsun just canā€™t count the thousand of hundred of other review you did just before :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Nope, but I had the tab open on Chrome already.

2 Likes

Hmm, the database says you did 3 lessons on 29-12-2019ā€¦ Did you also do lessons yesterday or do you think these are the ones mentioned above?

1 Like

Those 3 lessons are the same items you see above. I did the lessons last night and did the reviews for them just now. Do you think it could be because none went up/down a SRS level? Since siblings are being separated on this deck.

I can only deal with 400 reviews/day now :sob: no more 1k reviews days :eyes:

4 Likes

Woah my bad, I read lessons instead of reviews :sweat_smile:

Thatā€™s probably itā€¦ It does not count as a complete review until you do all sibling cards.

2 Likes

Btw, in that screenshot I also (visually) received 30xp points, even though none ranked up :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes