I’d like to present my project Kitsun.io to you all. Kitsun is an SRS based platform which has been in development for a while now. The website is currently still in beta, but the launch date is getting close
What is it?
My goal with Kitsun.io is to deliver a web-based (better) alternative to anki, while incorporating some of the great features from Wanikani. I’ve strived to make it easy for people to understand how everything works and to create a satisfactory user interface / experience.
Here are some core features:
- Easily create your own flashcards
- Jisho.org integration with instant card generation
- Share your decks with other users
- Pick a deck from the Community Centre and start learning right away
- Sleek UI/UX
- Works everywhere and on every device (as long as you have internet)
- Very tweakable settings while having familiar default settings (similar to WK)
- Anki / TXT / CSV imports
- Full CSS3/HTML5 support for your card layouts
So, simply put, Kitsun is an online SRS-based platform where users can create decks, cards, layouts and templates and easily share them with other users.
Most of the features of anki are available on Kitsun. To make it even easier to test and perhaps switch from anki, I’ve also created an import feature. Simply upload your anki deck, TXT or CSV file and it will import everything to Kitsun.
Why the WK community and what’s in it for you?
I love WK and it’s community and you are all very familiar with the inner workings of the Spaced Repetition System, making you ideal testers.
Also, you get to use the system for free until launch, making it easier for you to test out whether you like it or not
Please note that it is still in development so it might still change.
Kitsun will be a paid platform once it launches, prices are not final yet!:
- TBA per month ($3.75 for anyone registered before 19-08-2018)
- TBA per year (save $10) ($40.00 per year for anyone who registered before 19-08-2018)
- TBA for lifetime ($125.00 for anyone who registered before 19-08-2018)
The media storage limit currently is set at 1GB. So far, most users don’t even get near the storage cap. However, if it becomes an issue we can always discuss increasing the limit.
- Stripe integration (Payment system)
Finish the landing page (the main page you will see before registering/logging in)
- Complete the guide/manual, format it and add images where needed.
Terms of agreement / Legal stuff
- Implement Trial accounts & limitations
Layout filtering for community decks (so filtering certain card types, e.g. sentence or audio cards) Implement a Dark Theme
- Implement interactive tutorials (nearly done)
- Set up the feature voting section on the Kitsun forums
- Some more minor points (take a look at the priority and backlog trello lists)
Either before or after launch:
Instant Jisho cards
- Advanced Instant Jisho cards (use your own templates/layouts)
- Deck level system
- Card unlock system (based on the deck levels)
Export -> Reimport functionality for data management (export into google sheets/excel -> adjust data -> reimport -> update all cards with the changed data
- More gamification / artwork
- Collaboration on deck creation (create a deck with the whole bookclub!)
- Statistic Page!
- Combined Deck Dashboard / Reviews / Lessons (All your decks combined into one central place)
- ‘Do all reviews in X hours now’ feature
- A lot more!
Ultimately I would love to get a team together to start making our own specially crafted decks. But for now this is a second priority.
Sounds good, how can I start?
You can register here!
Need help, have questions or feedback? We have the following options for you to use: