I’d like to present my project Kitsun.io to you all. Kitsun is an SRS study platform which has been in development for about 1.5 years now. The platform recently launched after having a succesful beta with members from the WK forums
What is it?
My goal with Kitsun.io is to create the ultimate SRS study platform which combines the best features of both Anki and Wanikani and introduces new Kitsun-exclusive features.
For example, setting up Anki can be a real hassle and has to be done on every device that you want to use. With Kitsun you don’t have to set up anything. Just grab a community deck or import a word list and start learning! Since it’s a website, all your data is stored right in the cloud.
Or perhaps creating your own flashcards and decks is more your kinda thing? Kitsun got some convenient tools to make it easier for you, such as a dictionary page where you can search any word or kanji and make a card out of it with a few clicks.
Of course, everything is tweakable as well, you get the freedom of Anki while sticking to the same system that WaniKani provides. This also means that you can create your own styling and templates for cards as well.
TL;DR: Kitsun is a collection of convenient tools in order to become the ultimate SRS study platform where users can create decks and flashcards and easily share them with other users.
Kitsun is a paid platform:
Per Month: $6.50
Per Year: $64.99 (2 months free)
Current Roadmap for the next ~6 months:
- Audio generation for your cards (Coming in the next few days!)
- Assisted Reading Tool for Japanese (Secret feature I’ve been working on, can’t wait to share some more details very soon!)
- Detailed Learning Statistics Page
- Kitsun-Exclusive Decks and Content
- Chinese & Korean Dictionary Integration (and card generation)
- Auto Hibernation for duplicates/WK API integration
- Korean/Russian inputs for cards
- Kitsun Browser Extension
- Mobile apps with offline support (this might extend into the second half year)
- Landing Page Redesign
- Knowledge Base Update and Redesign
Sounds good, how can I start?
You can try for free here!
Need help, have questions or feedback? We have the following options for you to use: