MaruMori.io & Kitsun.io - [UPDATE: ALL ABOARD THE N3 TRAIN] - Grammar SRS, Grammar Lessons, Reading Exercises, Vocabulary, Kanji and more!

hmm, i think it’s more about the chronological order of the cards determining which comes first. So a card at index 540 comes before a card at index 1140 if they’re both added to lessons, independent on which one you add first.

But then again, your lesson sorting method could also influence how they are presented. If you have the ‘random’ sorting method, it will still shuffle everything.

2 Likes

You just can’t live without me. Don’t worry, I can’t live without you either :kissing_heart:

おおおおおおおおおぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉーーーーーーーー!!!!なるほどね!

I see. It makes sense then. I thought it was going to follow the order that I was adding them to lessons. In other words, the latest cards would show up first. I assumed this because I have EN => JP and JP => reading/meaning separated into 2 cards, but with the same index. So sometimes it would show up one over the other (depending on how I added).

I think your logic makes sense then. One question: what would happen if I ordered the deck chronologically? Would it follow the timeline of how the cards were added to the deck? Or the timeline of when I added them to the lesson batch?

2 Likes

Card created (so in the order you see them at the ‘Cards’ screen)

1 Like

One thing I remembered… what if I add a card to the lessons by mistake? :rofl:

I feel like I’m being picky. Gomenasai.

1 Like

You WILL learn it! shakes fist

3 Likes

I added both あずまる and うまる to the lessons (both are 埋まる)… and now I have to figure out nuances… and it sounds complicated… and I’m being lazy… I already dodged them yesterday… やだあああああぁぁぁぁぁぁぁ!!! :sob:

2 Likes

Do one now, do one tomorrow or the day after to space them out a bit :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I need to do them together for comparison. It’s not that hard, I just don’t wanna spend energy figuring out stuff related to Japanese now xD

2 Likes

Figured I should give everyone an update on why it’s been a bit silent lately:

I had a pretty serious fever since a week ago, which rendered me unable to work. Today I’m feeling much better (but at my dayjob) so expect a new update to hit this Sunday.

I’m mostly focusing on some stuff in preparation for launch that current users won’t really notice such as a nice landing page, payment system implementation and trial accs. But I’ll try to sneak some nice new features and ofc bugfixes in there as well :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Visible excitement
giphy

3 Likes

Gonna take it offline very soon. Got a nice surprise for you all!

2 Likes

Back online!

2018-12-16

New features:

• Instant Jisho flashcards - Added a new sidemenu item called ‘Dictionaries’. This will take you to a page where you can search Jisho (and other language dictionaries in the future) and generate flashcards instantly! It looks like this:

Clicking the ‘Generate flashcard’ button at the top left of the item will open a popup that looks like this:

In this popup you select the deck you want to generate the card in and you can adjust the values before pressing the button. The generation uses the default kitsun template and the Japanese -> Reading and Japanese -> English layouts.

• New scrollbar - Added new look for the scrollbar :slight_smile:

• Landing page - Still a WIP but for the curious few, you can take a look at Kitsun.io

• Changed the styling of the default kitsun layouts a bit to better utilize space.

• Added an Imports sidemenu item under the Advanced Tools dropdown.

• changed the login and signup page looks

Bugfixes:

• Lesson/Review bottom buttons should now always be visible without having to scroll the page down.

• Notifications counter will not count hibernated/filtered items anymore

Sidenote:

I’m also going to make a more advanced Dictionary flashcard generation feature, one where you will be able to match fields to your own templates and your own layouts. That one is coming later :wink:

9 Likes

Is there any way that you don’t get parts of speech repeated?

So, instead of giving me “Noun, Suru verb, Wikipedia definition”, it would give me “Noun, Suru verb, Wikipedia definition”. Also, exclude “Wikipedia definition” maybe? xD

Very small thing though. This is actually a very nice feature. My very first experience using it felt very smooth too :slight_smile: I can’t even imagine the possibilities that the Advanced Dictionary flashcard generation feature will bring :grin: If I enjoy this one already… :3

2 Likes

The menu on the left side is getting cut off on my tiny monitor.

1 Like

@jprspereira ah I should’ve known that there would be duplicates in there as well. I’ll filter them ^^

@seanblue oops! Gonna make it scrollable then :slight_smile:

1 Like

In case anyone is interested in some fun data I just looked up. Stats so far:

• 360.000 cards have been made
  • 27.000 cards are up for review in the future
  • 24.000 cards are up for review right now
  • 16.000 cards have been hibernated
  • 240 cards are currently manually put into the lesson queue
  • 28.000 cards have been filtered (due to having no layouts left after filtering)
  • 1650 registered users
  • 1600 decks have been made
  • The most fanatic user currently has 5.600 cards that they have progress on and are still learning (so not hibernated or filtered)
  • Second and third most fanatic users are both at 3.600!

I love seeing these kind of stats, really makes me feel like I’m building something useful to people other than myself :smiley:

8 Likes

Sounds like a lot of people aren’t doing their reviews like they’re supposed to :laughing:
But not me of course <_<
Definitely not me <__<

9 Likes

:eyes:

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

4 Likes

:eyes: I need to up my game.

3 Likes

Hold my flashcards

P.S why is it saying halfiver said it when I took it from neicul???

3 Likes