MaruMori.io & Kitsun.io - [UPDATE: ALL ABOARD THE N3 TRAIN] - Grammar SRS, Grammar Lessons, Reading Exercises, Vocabulary, Kanji and more!

sigh Why can’t everyone follow the conventions properly?

1 Like

I don’t use Swiftkey, I use GBoard.

1 Like

Here i’m reading about everyone having bugs and I have none. Just reading like, “How can they have so much bug?” Then wondering if it’s because i’m just using the basic functions.

1 Like

So, I’m doing lessons on desktop computer (Firefox, Manjaro Linux) with the Genki vocab deck. When advancing, I don’t get audio to autoplay, but if I go back to a previous card, the audio is autoplayed.

Dunno what to say about this because I’m not sure what is the expected behavior to be honest.

1 Like

Depends on your deck settings, could you confirm that you have autoplay for the front on (backside autoplay is a different setting), and confirm whether there actually is audio at the front (or I will get @hinekidori to answer that ^^)

Autoplay for front is on, for back is off. For what I see this deck have like three front and three back per card defined. So the secuence goes like that:

• I start studying an item, front card with english meaning is shown. No audio. I press enter to advance.
  • Back of the card is shown, no audio. I press enter to advance.
  • The front of a new card is shown. I press left cursor to go to previous card.
  • Back of the card is shown and audio is automatically played.
1 Like

Alright, thanks! I’ll put it on the prio list and take a look at it soon :slight_smile:

@madmalkav Ah I misunderstood, the front of the cards during the study section of the cards dont have audio. So the issue is just that the audio at the backside of the card plays when you cycle backwards.

I just fixed it, expect it to come through with the update tonight :slight_smile:

Website will be going down for the update in about 5 minutes

1 Like

Back online :slight_smile:

New Features:

• label and input html tags are now usable in your layouts

• for and type attributes are now usable in your layouts

• A TON of new sections and content have been added to the help page (aka the manual)

Bugfixes:

• Skipping cards should not be possible anymore

• Lesson count is now displaying correctly again for the first view of the day

• Hibernated items don’t come back into the lesson queue anymore.

• I’ve tried to fix the Japanese input auto-capitalization issue that some users experience with Gboard and Swiftkey. However, I’m not sure if it’s fixed or not as I can’t reproduce it. (Long story short, I’ve added spellcheck='false' as that was the only missing attribute this time…

• Audio should not autoplay at the backside when cycling back through the lessons

• Clicking ‘More Time’ should work correctly again.

@madmalkav could you let me know if the auto-capitalization still occurs after doing a refresh (just to be sure we have the last version of the website)

3 Likes

It is not OK on Firefox for Android, OK for Chrome for Android. Definitively the browser is doing something ti shouldn’t there.

1 Like

Just to give a small update on this:

I’ve done some more digging around and I believe the only thing that I haven’t tried yet is to explicitly give the input a type="text" attribute yet.

So I’m going to do that tonight and then do a small update (along with some other bugfixes for newly reported problems by @jprspereira (‘more time’ button breaking lessons, lightning mode broken))

Edit:
Just installed Gboard myself and tested with and without the type='text' attribute, and it definitely was the problem! Pretty weird how you have to explicitely set the input type for it to work though… Anyways, glad it’s finally fixed! :smiley:

2 Likes

@neicul Please enjoy your vacation but just adding a new chapter to the “enter key” issue: now my “enter” key will only work randomly to validate my answers at all… (it’s not a keyboard problem, works on every other SRS I use). I’ll hit enter and it will be fine for the first two words, then for the next 5 I’ll have to manually click on the “next” arrow. It seems to be completely random though (I tried turning off and on lightning mode to see if it had an effect, but it’s not consistent)… More mystery to add to the puzzle!

EDIT: Lightning mode does seem to be the problem. When it’s on, the enter key doesn’t work anymore…

Sorry to tell you this, but problem still happens on my phone with Firefox. I’m 120% sure that Firefox is causing this and will stop using it soon anyway.

@Leilaure I have a fix incoming in about 10 minutes, I’ll post here when it’s done!

@madmalkav sorry I should’ve been more clear, I tested it locally and it works well. I’ll be updating the website with the fix in about 10minutes!

2 Likes

First time in years a coder tells me “it works on local!!!” without me wanting to kill him :smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I’m off to bed but will check tomorrow :slight_smile: Turn off internet and go eat paëlla! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Haha thank you! But sadly I already came back home yesterday (although I slept most of the day after pulling an all nighter because of the flight schedule). Have a good rest!

1 Like

New update is live

Please refresh your browser if the website was already open :slight_smile:

Bugfixes:

• pressing enter while using lightning mode should work again :sweat_smile:

• hibernating the last item of your lesson session will not complete the session anymore (without the quiz triggering)

• ‘more time’ button should now definitely work as intended (againnnn)

• Quick edit styling was iffy on smaller screens, should look better now

• Placeholder text is not visible anymore while loading a community deck detail page

• Autocapitalization issues with words starting with ‘a i o u e’ should now be fixed in firefox as well!

3 Likes

Wait… Was it down for 1 minute or something? Oo

2 Likes