MaruMori.io & Kitsun.io - [UPDATE: ALL ABOARD THE N3 TRAIN] - Grammar SRS, Grammar Lessons, Reading Exercises, Vocabulary, Kanji and more!

Hey… since the last 2/3 days, every time I open Kitsun on my decks’ page, it shows me 0 lessons for all my decks, even though I know it’s not true.

a

If I click on the deck itself, it shows me the actual number:

And if I go back to the decks’ page, it gets fixed :thinking:

c

Life’s hard :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Heya, @Radish8 reported this on discord and by now we’ve found out the cause ^^

I already wrote the fix for it, but will have to wait until tomorrow for it to go live (when I get back home)

Basically what happened is that the very first time that you view the decks (of a new day) it will not have the updated number yet.

2 Likes

Another bug:

So I was doing lessons on my Core 10k and got the word 世話. I chose to hibernate both EN => JP and JP => meaning/reading because I have that card in another deck. But then I regretted since the Core 10k has the example sentence. So I went back to awaken both cards. But now I regretted awakening them and want to hibernate them again. The thing is… it’s not working.

I’m inside lessons and if I hibernate them, the cards disappear and I get the hibernated cards’ message… but if I leave immediately lessons and go back, they’re still there. If I search by them, they’re still awaken.

Update: I just did a batch of lessons and hibernated those two cards. Got out, went back and both cards for 世話 are still there.

PS: I’ll avoid trying to explore it more. Feel free to get inside my life account for testing :3 :heart:

1 Like

I’m a little bit confused, but it comes down to you hibernating during lessons → awaken from cards page → hibernate them again during lessons, but this time it doesnt actually mark them as hibernated?

Them not showing up as hibernated in the cards view can be because of the search cache not being updated from actions during lessons. Why it is showing up in your consecutive lessons queue I’m not sure though. Will have to check it out :slight_smile:

Or do they not show up in the lessons anymore? Just the cards view not updating?

Exactly how you described it. The 2 lessons I have left are the cards I want to hibernate.

They do show in lessons, no matter if I hibernate them inside lessons. I’m stuck in a loop where I only have 2 lessons (those 2 I wanna hibernate), I hibernate them, get lessons to 0, go to the deck and still have those same 2 lessons.

If you want, I’ll focus on doing lessons on my other decks and leave those 2 there, in case you wanna do tests when you come back? :thinking:

2 Likes

It will probably be late tomorrow evening before I am able to take a good look, if you dont mind leaving them in the queue or something

1 Like

Yeah no worries \o/ :ok_hand:

1 Like

Btw guys, @neicul is in Barcelona on vacation, but he doesn’t stop helping people out with Kitsun. Call me crazy, but RESPECT.

3 Likes

RESPECT :sunglasses: I can’t believe how hard you are working @neicul You can take a break you know no one will hate you for that.

:grinning:

3 Likes

Thanks both of you, it means a lot to me :smile: :orange_heart:

1 Like

This is still not working:

• I had 1 lesson
  • Chose “More time”
  • Went back to the lesson
  • Then chose “Quiz”
  • And it takes me back to the lesson, like if I had chosen “More time”.
1 Like

Oh yeah, I can confirm I had that bug yesterday too. I had to exit lessons and go back in before I could take the quiz.

1 Like

Another possible bug (this is just a suspicion):

• I had 1 lesson to do on my 四月 deck and did it.
  • Since I’m Kaochan’s goodest boy, I unlocked 19 more lessons after it.
  • However, I only did 17 lessons total (not 20).
  • I guess that some lessons disappeared, because I hibernated 2 or 3 cards (not sure).
  • But when I go back to the deck itself, they’re not there waiting for me. It’s like they were done.

Lessons I did:

l2

l3

Again, I might be going crazy (I think that already happened a long time ago tbh), but I had planned 20 四月 lessons for today (deck is releasing 1 lesson/day for the sake of controling chaos). I wouldn’t just do 17 lessons :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Another “error” I’m getting lately every time I get the notifications:

buggg

The notification under says something like “This website was put in the background”. Not sure what the EN translation from Chrome is. Let me know and I’ll put it in EN.

Also, Chrome on my phone sometimes crashes when I get the Kitsun notifications.

2 Likes

Woo more bugs! :smiley: The android chrome one sounds serious, I will take a look tonight if possible. I will arrive home in 1 hour (12:20pm) but didnt sleep at all this past night due to the flight schedule so im not sure how much I’ll be able to do.

On the plusside, I did write a lot of manual/help sections while at the airport :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Take your time. I’m just reporting everything so that you can organize better :stuck_out_tongue:

:grin: :tada::tada: How was the air conditioner? :joy:

2 Likes

Jeez, I noticed! Hope you had a good time away!

2 Likes

Haven’t had much time to continue testing things on mobile. Last annoyances found are:

• Beware of the “automatically setting the first letter in caps” thingie in the keyboards. For words that start with あ い う え お you will end inputing ア イ ウ エ オ
  • Autoplay audio doesn’t seems to work on Firefox for Android.
  • As the keyboard disappears after pressing enter, yo have to move your finger out of the keyboard area to push on the icon to go to the next item. It will be nice to have a button on the bottom right to go to the next item. KameSame does this, in example, if you want to see an example of what I try to mean.
1 Like

@neicul, for the capitalization one, you should be able to add autocapitalize="none" autocomplete="off" autocorrect="off" spellcheck="false" to the input to fix this. That’s the recommended attributes on wanakana.com and it’s what WaniKani uses as well.

1 Like

@madmalkav thanks for reporting, I’ve put the first two items on the list :slight_smile: As for the third item, that’s dependent on the layout that your cards are using I guess, as they decide where the input/button will be placed.

@seanblue Thanks, I’ve actually tried out a large number of combinations regarding those attribute values, and it seems that the auto capitalization issue is limited to swiftkey users (unless @madmalkav reports otherwise :stuck_out_tongue:). As for swiftkey, I’ve found a report on github that confirms that swiftkey overrules the input settings and therefor does not care what attributes are set on the actual input field.

But I’m gonna try it again with those values ^^ Hopefully it’s fixed after the next update then.